Chapter 8// Back in Zombie Town

Zara's P.O.V.

As we stepped out of the van. I realized we were in Zombie Town. We spend the night in zombie jail basically. It was not fun. The sun was bright and as Zed, Eliza, and Bonzo talked about a revolution or something, I just looked around. I came back to reality when Eliza walked away.

"Zed can I stay with you for a while? I don't really have anywhere else to go." I asked him, a little scared of being out here alone.

"Sure, you can stay with me, but why don't you go to Eliza's ans ask her to borrow some clothes." Zed responded.

"Okay." I said, kissing him and walking to Eliza's.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Eliza gave me a couple pairs of clothes and I walked back to Zeds. Zed opened the door and led me to a room. It was gray and white, was very clean, and looked unused. 

"Who's room is this?"  I asked, putting the clothes in the closet.

"It used to be my mom's. She died a couple years ago, when she got sick." Zed said softly.  I walked over and gave Zed a soft hug for a couple minutes. We broke apart and sat down on the bed. Zoey came in and told us that it was dinner time.

"Sorry if you don't like brains in a can, Zara. This is all we got." Zevon, Zed's dad said.

"Oh trust me its fine. I only had them  a couple times when I was with my parents."  I said smiling. As we finished dinner,  I offered to help clean up but Zevon wouldn't let me. Zoey and I went to my room and we did each other's hair for a while before she got tired and layed down on the bed.

"Zara, can you sing to me?"  Zoey asked, sleepily.

"Sure Zoey." I answered. Slowly, I started to sing This is Gospel to her and as I finished, Zoey was completely asleep. I pick Zoey up, without waking her, and bring her to her room and tuck her in. I go to walk back into my room to see Zed. 

"Hey." He said.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked him.

"Nothing much, I just wanted to tell you that we have to clean our lockers out tomorrow to leave Seabrook High. I don't know if that includes you but  I just thought I should let you know."

"Thanks Zed, and thank you for everything you're doing for me." I replied. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked to his room door.

"G'night Zara. " He said looking back.

"Night Zed." I responded, turning and walking to my closet. I grabbed some black and gray sweatpants and a tank top and changed. Wiping my makeup off, I slid into bed and stared out the window. Without checking my phone or anything, I drifted off to sleep as the stars flickered in the night sky.