One: The Letter To Erwin

NOTE:

This is the first time I have EVER tried to write Levi's POV. I hope you guys can give me tips!

Smiley Face!

Dear Commander Erwin Smith,

I am sure you are aware as to why I am writing you this letter however it is customary to justify yourself in the first few sentences of a letter so I guess you'll have to listen to why I am writing to you anyway. This letter is my case to justify the withdrawl of Sienna Rowen from everyday missions with the Survey Corps.

Sienna Rowen is a twenty year old cadet in my elite squad, she joined the Survey Corps two years ago and since joining her ranks she has strived to reach her full potential and constantly shrugs off accusations that she is the reason for eotan onslaughts.

She is a highly skilled woman that I believe the legion ought to protect. She is a cadet we would be fools to let die on a search and destroy mission. However I'm sure you believe that every life should be valued like that.

I take a deep breath, crumpling the paper up in my hands. Why can I not write this? Why am I uncapable of justifying why we ought to keep her safe.

"Good morning Heichou." her false smile taped to her face.

"Good morning Sienna." I nod to the young redhead before me. She places a cup of coffee on the coaster, handle facing the window just as I would. She's attentive.

"How are you today Heichou?" her mismatched eyes reflect a feeling of distress, she doesn't really want to hear me speak. She wants to release the emotions she has bottled up inside of her for a month. Sienna Rowen watched her family die before her eyes; it was known that the Rowen family lived together in a large cluster but eotans seemed to gravitate toward those homes.

"I am... good." I try to work out what to say. How do you comfort someone when you barely feel the weight of grief. "How are you Sienna?"

"I am very good thank you. Is there anything else you will be needing?" she asks. I shake my head, gingerly taking hold of the cup on the coaster and taking a drink; perfect temperature- nothing unusual for her.

"Nothing." I nod. Why am I trying to avoid crushing her spirits, even if they are false? I sigh as Sienna leaves the room.

That girl, grief tore the enthusiasm, the personality, the soul from the optimist who once stood before me. She looks the same, bright hair of the same shade as red wine and eyes that shine of the colour of amber and aquamarine and glisten like the stones themselves however I can tell it's forced. She's no longer her playful self; short skirts and corsets teasing the fellow cadets because she's aware as to how she looks... no, Sienna Rowen is no longer like that at all.

I take a new clean sheet of paper from the neat pile on my desk and begin the letter once more. How do I justify myself? My strange need to try and avoid Sienna recieving any extra burdens upon herself.

I pull at my hair. She lost her family a month ago, their pictures on her walls a constant reminder. She is always the one to bring me coffee and smile. I hope she'll get better. I already miss the old Sienna. The ditsy eager Sienna, the smiley fearless Sienna. The Sienna that didn't get locked away in Shiganshina.

        ~(^v^)~ Flashback ~(^v^)~

Mop in hand I march through the corridoors of the headquaters. I hear a happy laugh. I turn the corner and stop; Sienna Rowen. Of course it would be a Rowen girl; when I was a trainee I shared a squad with three girls of the Rowen family, not long after joining the Survey Corps each fell pregnant and were discharged due to the lack of attention paid by their squad leader who has since been killed by a titan.

This girl; Sienna, she does not seem to be like the three Rowens I met. She looks happy yet awkward. It's sweet actually to watch a cadet enjoy herself. I glance at who she is having fun with; her brother, Jasper and cousin, Harkin. Those boys are unlikely to let Sienna fall pegnant however why would I trust another's eyes when I can rely on my own.

I head toward the new cadets who stand straight and salute me.

"Tch." I mutter. "Stop slacking cadets."

"Hai Levi Heichou!" the two boys nod however the girl says nothing; she just stares up at me, that's when my eyes widen. She has mismatched eyes! One of her eyes shines brightly like an amber whilst the other glitters like an aquamarine. She smiles at me, showing off her pearly white teeth. I look her up and down dismissively when I see what she is wearing. What sort of brother lets their sister roam headquaters in a corset to boost her figure. Along with her corset Sienna is in a short puffy skirt with many layers to it.

"What do you have to say for yourself then cadet?" I ask, staring right into her eyes however I sense no fear lurking in her irises. Hasn't she encountered an eotan yet? Is she fresh out of training? When were the new cadets braught into our ranks? A month? two? Surely we've been on an expodition since their arrival?

"Heichou." her voice is light and soft like a feather. I flinch at the sound. "Gomene." she smiles.

"Keep cleaning cadets, I want this hallway to be clear of cobwebs as soon as physically posible." I order.

"Yokai." the two older boys nod.

"All of you." I spin on my heel and see that Sienna Rowen is teetering on the edge of the freshly varnished coffee table. She's eager.

"Sienna careful!" Harkin Rowen chides.

"Sienna!" her brother Jasper calls.

"Shit!" she squeaks, slipping on the tabletop, as the closest to the silly girl I hold out my arms and she falls into them. She blushes violently.

"Heichou." she murmurs. "Gomene."

"No worries." I set her on the floor and leave the three redheads to clean the hallway.

Sienna Rowen- I think I might need to remember that name.

        ~(^v^)~ End Of Flashback ~(^v^)~

I sigh, taking pen to paper once again. I was right two years ago; I would need to remember her name. She joined my elite squad seven months ago and even during the six months prior to the wall's fall, the look in her eyes, that impression of fearlessnes never left.

Dear Commander Erwin Smith,

I believe that the issue of the eotan siren can be fixed through putting her in the custody of me and only me. I find that my fellow elites as well as myself can deal with the clear eotan threat if for some reason she draws an eotan in. Of course you already expected this brief letter and I'm sure you have already considered your options.

I believe that securing the safety of the Survey Corps' clear greatest asset should not recieve much thought since the capabilities that she posesses in both attracting eotans and destroying them is apparent.

I hope you make the right decision,

Yours sincerely:

Lance Corporal Levi