FIVE

"the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said  and never explained"

"the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never said and never explained".

  ✯

UNNAMED ALLEY WAY:

After a hunt, Sam and Dean were completely and utterly suprised to get a call from a phonebooth from none other than Castiel himself. Dean practically sped the entire way there, before finding Castiel standing next to the payphone.

Sirens wailed in the distance as Sam and Dean looked at Castiel in shock, glee, and hesitation. "Cas, is that really you?" Castiel only nodded in response. "No you're...you're dead" Sam couldn't believe that they had Castiel back, they didn't think it would ever happen. But it did.

"Yeah, I was" Castiel walked away from the phone booth so he would be standing exactly in front of the Winchester's. "But then I...annoyed an ancient cosmic being so much that he sent me back" The members of Team Free Will were probably the few people that could actually say that.

"I don't even know what to say" Castiel looked at Sam, a slight smile appeared for a moment on Sam's face as he tried to work out the situation in his head.

"I do" Dean walked towards his best friend. "Welcome home, pal" He said before pulling the angel into a hug. After Dean, Sam and Castiel hugged.

"How long was I gone?" Castiel questioned after the hugging was over. "Too damn long" Dean told him, thinking about everything that had happened while Cas was dead. "Where were you? Heaven?" Castiel looked down for a moment before meeting Sam's eyes to answer his question.

"No. No, I was in the Empty" This caught them by surpise. "Really?" Sam and Dean knew what the Empty was. Before she was Death, Billie(former reaper) threatened to send the Winchester's there if they died. Apparently it was rather impossible for anyone to come back.

"Apparently it's where angels and demons go when they die" Castiel recalled the being of the Empty telling him so. "What was it like?" Sam asked.

"Well, it's dark and...nothing. It's like...nothing" The memories of the pitch black place made him shudder. "I was sleeping, and then I heard two voices that said my name, and I woke up. I though you had done something" The angel looked at the brother's, hoping that they didn't do anything stupid like sell their souls.

"No, we...we didn't even think we could bring you back" Castiel looked down as he tried to figure out who the voices belonged to. "So who was it? Chuck-uh, God and Amara?" The voices sounded nothing like them, they sounded younger and more emotional..