NINE

"it's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself

"it's one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself. to forgive. forgive everybody".

ART STUDIO
BISMARCK, NORTH DAKOTA:

The search for Jack Kline was a stressful one for everyone involved. After accidentally killing someone, the boy fled thinking he needed to protect everyone from himself, including his twin sister Jenna. He thought he would turn into Lucifer, their biological father. He knew that wasn't good, that he couldn't turn into him, so he vanished. Jenna was desperate to find her twin brother, to hug him and comfort him, to reassure him that he wasn't a villain just because their father was.

They had gotten a call from one of Sam and Dean's friends, a woman named Jody Mills. Sam and Dean always told her that Jody was an amazing hunter/sheriff who helped save lives. She had called on a lead about Jack, a man was killed by some kind of angel and Jack was the last one seen around him. Jenna didn't want to admit it, but Jack might have killed someone.

They were now at an art studio, speaking with a woman to find out more about the man named Derek and his death. Jenna showed the woman named Paula a picture of Jack. "That's him. He said his name was Jack, that he was a buyer" Jenna and Sam looked confused. "Buyer?" Paula motioned towards the paintings.

"Some freaky stuff here. Derek had quite the imagination" Dean mumbled as he looked at the paintings, only making Paula scoff. "He hated that word" The three hunters now looked at the woman. "Freaky?" Paula shook her head. "Imagination. He liked to think of his art more as reportage" Dean rolled his eyes and turned away.

"Reportage? Reportage from where?" Sam questioned. "From the places he'd visit" Dean was wandering around, finding a painting he knew all too well. "Derek was a dream walker" Jenna furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, she wasn't taught was that was. "Sam, Jenna?" The two turned to see what Dean was motioning at, which happened to be a painting of the apocalypse world.

EXITING STUDIO
IMPALA:

Dean went back to the impala after getting himself and Sam coffee while getting Jenna a smoothie. "Thank you, Dean" Jenna thanked, smiling to herself in excitement over the drink she had just found and now loved. Dean got in the impala, Sam held John Winchester's journal. "So the lore on dreamwalking is pretty inconsistent. Uh, there are stories about it across numerous Native Amer—" Dean cut him off.

"Are we all gonna talk about it?" Dean asked. "Talk about what?" Jenna looked at the brothers in confusion. "You two saw the painting" Jenna and Sam didn't get what the eldest was trying to say. "And? Well, it looks like Jack gave up on us and he's looking for daddy" Jenna shook her head. "We don't know that, he wouldn't try" Jenna denied, ignoring the thought that Dean could be right.