Chapter:2

Dayna discussed her plan with the Lady for a few more minutes. She could smell the woodsy scent from the woman in front of her.  Which meant she was a werewolf and her mate was cheating on her. Great! she thought.

"What's his first name?" Dayna asked.

"But you said no names?" she asked.

"Yes. Which was why I asked first name not the surname"

"Ok.His name's Taylor." she said and the Lady left after a few minutes.

Sylvia Evans removed the white mask from her face after she left the woman at the club. Tears clogged in her eyes and her throat was dry and scratchy. Clutching onto her heart she clumsily inserted the key into the ignition. Her hands were shaking and she knew she couldn't drive.

Opening her purse she took out a small mirror. Her reflection was different. Gone was the cheerfulness in her eyes or the smile on her lips. Her skin was a depressing pasty color and her eyes were hollow with dark circles under them. It was like she had aged another ten years in just a week. Wiping the tears she inhaled shakily and resolved to calm herself. She had to find out if what her friend told her was the truth or not. A small part of her body, her sappy heart wished it was a lie. But her brain argued. Whether her mate, Taylor was cheating on her or not she would not know. Not unless she attended the party in a few days.

"Ralph, I need your help" Sylvia said on her cell phone looking out the window of her car.

"Yeah, sure!" he said in his usual husky tone.

"I'm in the parking lot of Silver Night Club. Would you mind picking me up? My car doesn't start." she lied.

"Looks like my sister rubbed off her habits on you! What are you doing at a club?"

"Please just come. Will explain later." she said and gave him the directions.

"Okay pretty lady!" he joked making her smile.

If the Counsel knew that she being a werewolf was friends with a vampire, she would be executed. But it wasn't like she couldn't just stop being friends with him. He had always been there for her. Always. He was there for her when her parents were killed by rogues. Though no one knew as he masked his scent. He raised her since then. She was fourteen and he was twenty-three. And it was seven years ago.

Well, he still is twenty-three her wolf said.

She knew how much he was suffering because he couldn't find his mate yet. Though he never showed it.

 There were times when she wondered if he was her mate. And now, she wished he was her mate.

Where Taylor was unfaithful, Ralph was always loyal and she knew he never slept with any women, though she was pretty sure he was older than over a century.

Ralph wondered why his Sylvia was at a nightclub. He knew she hated them just as he did. Shrugging he took off his bussiness suit and showered. Not wanting to keep her waiting for long he chose a simple black formal shirt and jeans. He sprayed cologne and raked his fingers through his hair giving it a sexy look.

He drove down the street to the address she mentioned worried if she was alright.

"Sylvia" he said relieved to find her good and left his car right in the middle of the road and glided towards her in one swift movement.

"Are you alright?" he asked, his worry increasing when he saw her tear stained cheeks and her ragged breathing.

"I'm fine, Ralph" she laughed nervously.

Deciding not to argue with her he took her home.

All the way home Ralph asked her questions. Being in a bad mood she snapped at him making him silent.