Chapter:6

Dayna groaned and turned around in the sheets to get a comfortable position to sleep. And that was what woke her up. The fact that she never slept in her dress was what woke her up.

She opened her eyes and rubbed them before she looked around the room. The ceiling was a cream colour. That was when she realised this wasn't her room. She got up from the bed immediately which caused her head to spin and she sat back to regain her composure. 

She gasped and placed a hand on her heart to calm herself down when she saw a person standing a few feet from her.

"You scared me to death, you know?" she asked the person and noticed her voice was slightly rough.

The person whom she addressed didn't move. She just stood there like a statue. That was what provoked Dayna. She absolutely had no memory of how she got here and she wanted to do something to distract herself. So she walked over to the person. She didn't know if the person was a male or a female for they were hiding their face under the hood of a cloak. Taking a wild guess and presuming the person to be a male, she circled the hooded figure and lifted her hand to trail a finger down the back of the cloak and spin her seductive charm on the person, only to be stopped mid-air by a light chuckle. She immediately turned and saw a man standing at the door of the room.

"Faith, thank you for keeping guard over her. You may leave now." he addressed her.

Dayna's face reddened with embarrassment at the fact she was trying to seduce a woman thinking her to be a man. She thanked the stranger internally for saving her from further embarrassment.

Faith gave a deep bow of acknowledgement  to Orlaine and left the room. She knew Orlaine to be the master of deception and she found no surprise in the fact that he would be able to make that woman stay in the house without complaining. But yet she had a niggling feeling that the woman that they had brought couldn't be deceived easily and she wanted to see the outcome of what was to happen. Though she knew Orlaine well, she had to trap the woman only because she saw the way his eyes shone whenever he spoke of her. She wanted to know how it felt to be in a man's arms again.. She shook her head trying to get those thoughts out of her. She needed her sleep.

"Where am I?" Dayna asked to the man standing in front of her. Dayna felt the only way she could distract herself from ogling at the man before her was to keep talking.

"In my castle. You've to forgive me." he said moving a step closer to her. He smirked when the woman just sat on the bed huffing at his vague reply.

"H-how did I get here?" she asked him.

"You don't remember? Ah! You've to forgive me once again. Faith has a tendency to do things a little harsh and might have drugged you."

And that was when realization hit her like a ton of bricks smacked right in her face. She gasped and then she was, was infuriated. She was kidnapped. And the man had the galls to ask her forgiveness? She didn't mind many things in life but being put in a helpless situation was something she despised. She had experienced once and she hated it since then.

Orlaine could see the changes in her emotions so clearly. He took in a deep breath when anger lit up her eyes and danced like flames and in seconds her eyes changed to bottomless pits. And strange enough it turned him on. He wanted to tease her a little more. He wanted to anger her some more. To feel her claws on his skin. Orlaine was no fool. He knew the woman was a werewolf eventhough she masked her scent and he knew what would happen if a vampire mated a werewolf. It was an offense. As in by the very nature, according to the Council. But when he laid his eyes on this beauty a few days ago at the river, he didn't care about that. He realised she was his mate. He always got what he wanted. And he wanted her. And hell would be damned if he didn't get her. He smirked when an idea flitted across in his brain.