Chapter 1

Word count: 2200

Alexis' pov

I've been a rogue since I was 12 years old. I'm 24 now and being a rogue is hard work. Running for your life, passing through pack territories, which is quite easy for me and my best friend Dylan. Whom I met about five years ago.

***5 years in the past ***

I met him one day when I was being chased by a gamma, that's a third in command. I was climbing up a tree because he had bit my leg really hard, almost ripping off a chunk of it, and it was getting difficult for me to keep running. As I climbed the tree I saw the wolf being attacked by another wolf.

When the wolf that attacked the gamma shifted back behind some trees and came out, I began to carefully descend the tree. I made sure I didn't apply pressure to my injured leg as i went down.

"The names Dylan Mathews nice to meet you." Dylan said, holding his hand out for me to shake it.

"The names Alexis Gray but you can call me Alex." I said, shaking his hand.

"Alright Alex so what were you doing being chased by that pup?" he asked, an amused look on his face.

"I killed his mate." I responded, looking at my nails.

"Really?" he asked raising an eye brow.

"Yes really." I said, giving him a once over. He had short dark brown hair that almost fell over his blue eyes.

"So why'd you help me? " I raised an eyebrow, making sure to keep an eye on his movements in case he tried anything funny.

"I saw that you needed help." I narrowed my eyes at him and nodded but remained on high alert.

"So what are you doing out here in these parts of the woods? Lost? Looking for a snack?" I asked him, moving so that I was leaning against a tree.

I inspected my leg as he answered.

"I'm actually on the run." My head shot up at his answer.

"From who?" I didn't want any trouble. I had enough of that already. So whoever he was mixed up with, I wanted no part of it.

Seeing the way I tensed up and squared my shoulders, he lifted his hands up in surrender.

"Relax sweet cheeks, no one's after me. I ran away from my pack about a year ago."

I relaxed only slightly. "What'd you do that you had to run away?" I questioned, going back to looking at my leg.

"You alright there?" He asked, taking a step forward. I jumped into a fighting stance which made him step back.

"Wow, you're jumpy." I rolled my eyes but stood up straight. "I'm fine. I've through worse." I said, mumbling the last part but he heard.

"I can tell, look at those gnarly scars on your thighs." He pointed at the scars peeking out from my shorts. The long jagged scars ran down my thighs to my knees.

"How'd you get those?" He asked, seeming as if he wanted to move forward but decided against it.

"Some wolves are a real pain in the ass." He chuckled, and motioned at the spot next to me.

"Mind if I sit next to you?" I thought about it for a second.

"You can sit in front of me." He nodded and plopped down in front of me. I joined him but kept my injured leg straight.

"I hear you. Once I had to outrun an entire army of wolves. All I did was steal some money and food. They went batshit crazy on me." I chuckled, leaning against the trunk of the tree.