Chapter 2

Word count: 1210

Recap

I've spent years planning on ways to kill the man that murdered my father and I've finally got a great plan that won't fail me. I can't have my mate come between me and my revenge.

"Hey it's okay Alex, we'll figure out what we're gonna do." Dylan pulled me in for a hug, patting my back and squeezing me close to him.

I returned his comforting hug and took a deep breath.

Just as I was about to say something, there was a knock on the door.

******************************************************************

Alexis's pov

"You get the door." I rushed out, my heart hammering in my chest.

"What? Why me?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Because what if its my mate? If he thinks that some random guy lives here, he'll leave."

Dylan thought about it for a moment before sighing in defeat.

"Fine. Stay here and don't make any noise." I nodded, giving him a grateful smile.

I stayed quiet but listened into Dylan's conversation with whoever was at the door.

"Yes?" Dylan asked, once he opened the door.

"Um, Hi uh..." The stranger stuttered over his words before clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but I think my mate lives here." He stated, and I froze, waiting for Dylan to speak.

"Sorry, its just my boyfriend and I. Try another apartment, have a good evening." Before the man could protest, Dylan shut the door.

I sighed in relief, relaxing back against the couch.

"I need a sandwich." I groaned out as Dylan walked back into the room.

"I'll make you one. What do you want on it?" I bit my lip and raised my eyes to look at him.

"No. No Alexis." I pouted my lips, clasping my hands in front of me and giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

"Alexis no. Those sandwiches are all the way downtown!" He groaned, dramatically falling on the couch.

"Oh come on Dyl! I'll pay! You can get one for yourself too! I know you love them!" He seemed to think about it for a moment before letting out a long pained sigh.

"Fine." He agreed and I cheered.

"Money's in my purse, take a 50. I adore you!" I blew him a kiss as he stood up.

"Yeah whatever." He grumbled, leaving.

"I'll be back in 30 minutes maybe 45. Do not leave this loft unless you want to see 'you know who' out there." I nodded and smiled gratefully at him as he left.

After about a half an hour of just switching between channels I decided to get up and look out the window.

I noticed three guys standing by my car when I approached the window.

Narrowing my eyes at them, I watched to make sure they were trying to steal my car.

Two were standing by the hood and another was by the drivers door.