Chapter 3

Word Count: 1753

Recap

"Get out of here."

My mate simply shook his head, "I'm not going anywhere. We're mates. If I'm going somewhere, you're coming with."

I ran a hand down my face, completely done with this entire situation.

"I already told you," I snapped, "I don't want a mate. I don't want you. Now leave before I call the cops."

His eyes narrowed at me, sending chills down my spine.

"I'll be back for you, Alexis." And with that, he left.

Oh god, what the hell am I going to do now?

********************************************************

Jason's pov

How can she not want a mate? What kind of person doesn't want a mate?

"Hey are you okay man?" My third in command, Cody, asked me.

I nodded, waving him away. "I'm fine."

He frowned and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"What happened with her? Did she reject you?" He asked and I sighed.

"She was going to but didn't know my name so she couldn't." I laughed bitterly.

"What did she say?" I stayed quiet for a while before responding.

"She told me to get out. That she didn't want nor need a mate. I wasn't going to leave without her but she threatened to call the cops. I didn't want trouble so I left." He nodded and squeezed my shoulder.

"You should try getting her to talk to you. Maybe if you guys talk she'll accept you." He supplied, removing his hand from my shoulder.

"Yeah, okay. Thanks." He nodded and left, leaving me alone.

I got up and stared out the window of the motel room we had temporarily checked in.

It was across the street from my mates apartment complex.

I glared at the large building. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see my beta offering me a small smile.

"Hey man, quit stressing about it. I'm sure tomorrow when you talk it out with her it'll all be okay and you'll have your mate." I nodded and thanked him.

"Now go to sleep. You look like shit." I snorted and playfully punched him in the arm.

He gave me a grin before leaving.

I sighed and climbed into the bed. It felt like hours before I was finally able to fall asleep.

My mate never leaving my mind.

***************************************************

Alex's pov

"We need to move." Dylan rolled his eyes at my exaggeration.

"We don't need to move. We just need to get away for a while. You know till your mate leaves. Once he's gone we can come back and move on with our lives." He stated, waving his hands around.