Chapter 4

Word Count: 1694

Recap

I couldn't believe this. My mate. My mate was the son of the bastard that took my parents from me.

I couldn't accept him now. Not after finding out who he is.

I can't accept someone who's related to the creature that ruined my life.

I tried my best to blink back the tears but I couldn't concentrate on doing anything.

Black spots dotted my vision and the last thing I remember was feeling sparks swim throughout my body.

***************************************************

Alex's pov

I woke up to someone gently rubbing my hand.

Judging from the fact that there were no sparks I assumed it it was Dylan.

I opened my eyes to see him looking at me with a worried look in his eyes.

"Oh thank god! I thought you died!" I cringed at his loud voice and sat up, placing a hand to my head.

"Sorry. Headache?" I nodded and he handed me two pills.

I took them from him and swallowed them.

He offered me water and I took it.

After a few seconds of silence I spoke.

"What happened?" I asked, playing with the glass in my hands.

"You had a panic attack." My eyes widened.

I haven't had a panic attack in two years.

I had them a lot while on the run but after I met Dylan they stopped happening so often and soon they just stopped all together.

"I guess the stress of meeting your mate caused it?" Dylan suggested but I shook my head.

That wasn't it. If it was I would've had the panic attack yesterday.

I know exactly why I had this panic attack now.

"He an alpha." I whispered and Dylan grinned.

"My girls got the good shit." I shook my head at him, my eyes wide in panic.

"You don't understand Dylan. He's the alpha of Blood River." His grin instantly fell from his face and his eyes turned hard.

"What?" He grit out through his teeth.

"You heard me." I whispered.

"What are you gonna do?" He asked, his thumb rubbing circles into my wrist.

"I don't know." I tried not to let my voice crack.

It silent for some time. Dylan sitting next to me in a chair, rubbing circles onto my hand while looking deep in thought.