Taehyung ♡ Waking Up Next To You

Published: July 17, 2018
Rewritten: May 24, 2023

Word count: 680

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

You could feel yourself slipping out of your peaceful slumber, your eyes opening just the slightest only to see the morning sun peeking through the curtains, cascading beams of light across the room

You could feel yourself slipping out of your peaceful slumber, your eyes opening just the slightest only to see the morning sun peeking through the curtains, cascading beams of light across the room. You quickly squeezed your eyes shut and buried your face into your pillow to further keep out the morning light which was far too bright for you at the moment.
An arm wrapped around your midriff, tugging your body close, heat radiating from the person behind you. Shuffling around, you peeled your eyes open again just enough to see a drowsy-looking Taehyung lying across from you.
His deep, brown eyes gazed sleepily at you, blinking slowly, a lazy smile on his face. His curly hair was splayed out on the pillow just perfectly, random strands curling around his face, some sticking out in different directions. He had kicked the covers off at some point during his slumber and his pajamas were all wrinkled up from where he tossed and turned in bed, this caused his top to ride up a little revealing his naturally tanned skin along with cute squishy tummy that you loved so much.

"Good morning, lovely." He smiled his voice much deeper than usual thanks to the many hours of heavy sleeping.
"Good morning, Tae." You grinned softly, using his nickname.
"You're so beautiful even when you wake up." He hummed, reaching out to lovingly stroke your cheek.
"What?" Your face warmed at his sudden compliment while you shook your head in denial. "No. No. No."
"Yes. Yes. Yes." He mocked you childishly.
"Taehyung." You whined out.
"Can you just let me compliment you?" He joked, delivering a light pinch to your cheek.
You sighed, giving a brief but playful roll of your eyes. "I suppose."
"You're always beautiful, but especially in the morning. Seeing you waking up is the prettiest thing I've ever laid my eyes on and it's a wonderful sight to see when I first wake up. I love your messy bedhead, your puffy face, even your eye boogers."
At the mention of the icky substance that sometimes collects in the inner corners of your eyes, you reached up to check for them, thankful to not feel any. Taehyung laughed in response.
"My point is, you're the most beautiful in your natural state."
You pulled the comforter up over your face to hide, his words flustering you to no end. He was quick to reach up and gently pull the covers away, letting out low chuckles. When you tugged them over your face again, he took a different approach and tucked his head under the comforter, his grinning face greeting you. Returning the smile, you pulled the covers back down, gazing over at him.
The both of you laid there for a moment just enjoying each other's presence and basking in the warm glow pouring in through the bedroom curtains before he spoke up, breaking the silence in the air.

"What do you want to do today?" He inquired.
You thought it was cute that neither of you had fully woken up yet and he was already asking what you wanted to do.
"Lie here with you." You grinned while scooting closer to him, your eyelids sliding closed.
He gladly tightened his arms around you and helped pull you flush against him, his body warm from being under the covers. You wrapped your arms around him and buried your face in his chest, listening to the soothing beat of his heart.
"That's fine with me." He murmured, his deep voice vibrating in his chest. "Maybe later when you decide you finally want to get out of bed we can get some late breakfast delivered."
"Sounds good." You hummed, inhaling Taehyung's scent.
He smelled like your favorite body wash mixed with yesterday's cologne, the earthy fragrance still clinging to him. His long fingers made their way to your hair as he left soft kisses on your forehead, the feeling making your heart soar.

It was in that moment you knew for sure this was the only place you wanted to be.

_____________________________________
This one was short and sweet 🫶🏻

DO NOT steal, copy, alter, repost, or translate my works. These are my original ideas and I work very hard on them. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.