ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟞 • 𝕆𝕜 𝔹𝕠𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕣

~ Y/n L/n ~

"Ok boomer."

I sat up straight from the sad lump I previously was to be met with the sight of my best friend holding a bag of styrofoam to-go boxes in a plastic bag with a guilty look on her face. The smile she cracked was clearly dripping with awkwardness.

Before I had a chance to get angry or even say anything first, my body shot up and I enveloped her in a hug that squeezed the living daylights out of her.

"WOAH! I NEED BREATH!"

"Sorry, sorry..." I started by letting her go and letting her catch her breath as everyone else stood up to give her a hug. All seemed good and happy-go-lucky for a split second before I remembered about the elephant in the room.

"So, uh... how's life been? I mean, you've been here for a whole month, something must've happened right?" The smile on Brielle's face quickly fell but shot back up as she tried to distract from the real meaning for the question at hand. She took a deep breath.

"Well, it's been crazy coming, I mean, seeing the house again, this place... A lot has changed in the few years since I've last been here,"

"Yeah, but what about with your FAMILY?" I made sure to enunciate the last part and the tension started to thicken. The rest of the group was quickly looking between Brielle and me, clearly hoping that we wouldn't make a scene again like in the restaurant back in L.A.

"Oh, they're great! They're happy to see me again after so long and I realized how much I actually missed them after being separated for so long,"

Still avoiding the question...

"Yeah, and they freaked when they saw the purple hair but my roots are already growing out and you can almost kinda see my natural color. Other than that, it's actually been pretty great-"

"You know good and well what I am talking about Brielle, so stop stalling and tell us."

I kept my tone calm and quiet to avoid having to perform another scene. She stared at me and her bright expression turned dull. She shrugged her shoulders as she swung the bag in her hands, the food inside was probably cold by now.

"I don't want to talk about it."

I felt the suppressed anger from the past month start bubbling up in me again and the last little bit of sympathy in me fade away.

"NO! We came all the way from California because of you! We came to sleazy Florida for you! I got onto an airplane! A DEATH TIN! FOR YOU! To a state, we've never ever been too! ALL FOR YOU! We did all this because we care about you! And we want you to be happy and we want to help! But all you're doing is shutting us down!"

She looked almost insulted as she stood her ground and scoffed.

"I didn't ask you to travel across the country for me! I didn't ask you to fly for me and I would never even dream about asking you guys to come to a strange state for me! I didn't ask for your help or your pity! OKAY? OKAY!" She spun on her heels and marched right out the door.

The restaurant was filled with silence until Mark was finally the first to speak up.

"Let's go," Everyone nodded in agreement as we left a tip and made our way outside.

We found Brielle sitting on the lifted sidewalk right outside the restaurant, holding her legs up to her chest with the bag of the, now, cold food at her side. As we inched closer to her, I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I looked over my shoulder to see the source be Jack signaling for me to go and be the one to talk to her.

After a bit of internal debate, I walked over and sat next to Brielle.

"Sorry."

"'Sorry?' What do you mean 'sorry?' I should be the one apologizing! You guys flew all the way from California for me! YOU! You FLEW! You hate flying and somehow you managed not to panic attack yourself to death! I should be sorry... and I am... I'm sorry,"

"Call it even?" I finally questioned as I smiled and reached over to envelope Brielle in a hug. I felt a warm drop of water fall on my shoulder as Brielle hugged me back. Once we pulled away, she rubbed her eyes and was soon re-energized.

"Ok now, I know that this was the whole point of your fight and the outbursts and all that, but, uh... why are we in Florida again?" A deep voice chimed in from the rest of the group and Brielle noticeably got tense.

"I guess there's no point in hiding it anymore," She took a deep breath before finally started and we all leaned in to listen as closely as possible.

"Ok, so basically, I've been keeping my YouTube channel a secret from my parents and they never knew about it. Only my sisters knew and they swore to never tell my parents otherwise, I would blackmail them with every single embarrassing aspect of their childhood,"

"Oh."

"Yes, I love my sisters. Anyways, somehow, my parents found out and they've been pretty upset about it."

"Why would they be upset? You're doin' pretty well and you're happily doin' what you love, I don't see the problem." Jack brought up, to which Brielle responded with her parent's opinions.

"They just wanted me to be a doctor or lawyer or something like that instead of being a YouTuber full time. They think that it's like wanting to be an actor or singer: almost impossible. Which, yeah, it kinda is but I was lucky enough to get lucky. They just don't exactly see it that way." I nodded in understanding but I still didn't actually understand the situation.

"Why are they so mad then? Why did you have to come for a whole month? I would think that this career revelation would be a long FaceTime call or a week visit, at the most," She visibly cringed and avoided any eye contact with me, which confused me.

"Uh, well, um... they're mad because of me, uh... I'm actually moving to L.A."

"WHAT?"

~~~~~

A/N

Imagine finally updating after months of not. I died.

I hope you guys are staying safe, staying inside, and wearing face masks when y'all go outside! Keep on washing your hands and practicing social distancing!

Have a noice quarantine day!

Sincerely, Static :D