Chapter 12

Ashton's POV:

I feel kind of bad invading Luke's - and Holly's - privacy in this way, but to be honest I really wanted to hear this. And anyway, there would be no way I could convince Charlotte not to listen in, so I may as well join in.

The others had disappeared - their loss. Charlotte is holding her hair over her shoulder, leaning against my back. Her arm falls by her side - I reach for her wrist and guided it so her arm is over my shoulder, and take her hand.

Luke tells Holly that he fell in love with her the moment he lay eyes on her, and I squeeze Charlotte's hand. It's how I felt when I met her.

There is no noise coming from the other side of the door, so either they're kissing, or they left the kitchen. Probably the former.

Charlotte stands up, moving away from the door, so I do the same. I turn to face her, smiling. We stand there for a moment.

'They must be... Done... By now,' says Charlotte.

'Yeah, probably,' I say.

I reach forwards and open the door into the kitchen, where we see Luke and Holly kissing. Holly is sat on the clean worktop, legs around Luke's waist, arms draped over Luke's shoulders. Luke' stands rest on her waist. They don't seem to notice we have walked in.

Charlotte's eyes meet mine, and we smile to each other. Our minds are practically synced - I know we are thinking the same thing, and I know neither of us can resist the childish temptation that had overcome us both.

We start chanting, jumping up and down around the kitchen. 'I told you so, I told you so, I told you so!'

Luke springs back from Holly, both of them blushing. Holly hops down from the counter. They both stand awkwardly, not sure what to do, but Charlotte and I keep bouncing around the kitchen, chanting. Charlotte grabs Holly's forearms, forcing her to bounce slightly, though she is still embarrassed - but almost laughing.

'Wait,' says Charlotte, stopping bouncing and suddenly looking completely serious. 'Wait... We interrupted, oops... Okay... You can, umm... Keep going...'

'Oh, no, we weren't going to... You know...' Holly says awkwardly. Charlotte smiles a little.

'Either way,' she says, and we both leave Luke and Holly alone.