2

Pant, pant, pant

Pant, pant, pant

"Come on. We're almost there. Just keep moving."

Pant, pant, pant

"Just a little further. It's just up ahead. You can rest there. I lost her, I won't lose an only family member. If I was more careful, we wouldn't be in this situation."

Pant, pant, pant

"Here! They won't find us."

.....

"They're gone. They ran past this place. You alright? --? ---! No... No no no no! Why? Why is your wound not healing?! Don't tell me... You've been hit by a vampire hunter weapon."

........

"No... I won't let you die. I refuse to let this happen. You're my little brother. Older siblings are supposed to watch over the younger ones remember? You told me that. You always did everything for me. Now, it's my turn to return the favor."

💮

The sheets ruffles with a soft groan follow after. Luminous stretched, ridding of the fatigue from himself. He opens one eye but quickly shuts it. The sun shines brightly in the sky as the rays coming through the blinds. He rubs the crust away and let it adjust to the brightness.

He let out a shaky sigh. He let his head drop to his hand that is resting on a prop up the leg. The sign of fatigue is blatant. The dark bags under his eyes from lack of sleep a few days prior.

He observes the room. The rays of light brighten the room up showing more of the peach wallpaper and wooden furniture. It's like any normal room with windows, a dresser, a closet, a bathroom, a bed, etc.

Looking over to his left, he reaches for the cell phone, turning it on.

It's the afternoon.

He got up out of bed, heading for the bathroom to freshen up. After an hour in the shower, he dresses in casual clothing, grabs a pair of vans, and sat down to tie the laces. Luminous stood up after tying his laces; he puts on the army green military jacket that Aria got for him as a gift, grab the keys and headed out, closing the door behind him.

The town is bustling with people coming and going from store to store. Cafe, restaurants, food stalls here and there, barista, and diners are busy since it is lunchtime. He headed for a popular diner called Tum Tum Diner that young adults and teens occupy the most.

Luminous find the diner and pushes the door. The ding of the bell alerted the employees that another customer arrived. He sees that it's busy as always with young adults and teenagers there chatting with their friends. Luminous would come here with his friends when it wasn't busy. He waves at Yuri, the granddaughter and her grandfather, Tatsuki, who is the owner of the diner, greeting them. He moved back here to start a business wanting to add something new for the people living here to experience something new.