7

"It's okay, Kaname-senpai!" Yuki told him while holding her wound, "All I need is rest, and I'll be good as new

"It's okay, Kaname-senpai!" Yuki told him while holding her wound, "All I need is rest, and I'll be good as new."

"Yuki," Aria sitting beside her, firmly scolds "Let Kaname take a look at it."

Yuki turns her attention to Aria about to protest but stop seeing the firm look. Kaname grabs Yuki's hand that is covering the wound. His free hand tenderly grips her chin moving it to the side having a better look at the mark. "Let me see," He left no room for protest.

"The blood has long since stopped. . . But the wound is still deep. He really bit you viciously."

Aria didn't like the tone he uses when speaking about Zero.

Kaname moves his gaze away from the bite mark to her. "Yuki. . ." he asks, carefully and with tenderness, "Does it hurt?"

Tears flow down her face, who didn't notice until her savior point that out. Aria notices too, placing a hand on her shoulder. Yuki wipes her tears away when Kaname asks her if she is still afraid of vampires. Putting on a brave facade, she shook her head in response. Despite that tears still flow from her eyes of the event that happen not too long ago.

A knock on the door broke the silence.

"Kaname,"

Yuki and Aria's attention went to the entrance of the infirmary to see Luminous by the door. His hand is held up in a knocking motion. Luminous steps further into the room, as he passes the message, "Kaien wants you to head back to calm the Night class. The smell of blood is still in the air."

"Very well," Kaname stood up preparing to leave, "I am surprised he didn't have you do it."

Kaname stated as he passes by. Luminous merely smile, "Sorry. I'm not the one playing school. Plus, I am not interested in interacting with them."

Kaname smiles heading back to class. After he left, Aria sits back down beside her in silence. She wasn't quite sure what else she can say or a word of comforting. Aria clenches her hands tight feeling frustrated not knowing what to do. Luminous leans against a wall giving the girls space.

"How long. . ."

The silence is broken when Yuki mumbles those words.

Luminous and Aria's full attention is on her. Aria blinks, not sure if she is asking her. She did not think it could be towards Luminous. She turns her body to face Yuki.

"How long what, Yuki?" Aria asks softly, bending her upper body forward to see her face. Yuki shoulder-length her cover half her eyes.

Yuki clenches her hands as she whips her head making Aria jump back. Aria was eyes were wide with surprise at her action when she stood up.

"How long?" Yuki asks once more. Not to Aria, but at Luminous.

"How long!?" She demanded.

"How long have you known!?! How long have you known that Zero was a vampire? That. . . he was suffering all these years. . . How. . . Why. . ." Yuki's voice, once loud and angry, quivers at the end as she does her best not to let tears fall. Aria went over to comfort her as Luminous stood quiet.