6

Nothing

Nothing.

Aria didn't feel anything...

Not the feeling of pain of sharp canines piercing her flesh.

Nor the feel of his mouth claps around her neck.

Nor the sound of blood being sucked.

Just the sound of his heavy, haggard breathing brushing against her neck.

The feel of his chest bumping onto her's from his heavy breathing.

Aria slowly opens her eyes.

She can see her father's oak desk being held together poorly by a few strips of wood. She hesitates to move. Afraid, Aria swallows, then gathers the courage to move her head. The states he is in. . . His slightly tan skin had gotten paler with sweat sliding down from his neck and forehead. His hair was disheveled with strands sticking to his cheeks.

The only sounds she can hear are her heartbeat and Luminous's labored breathing. The state Luminous was in broke her heart. For as long as she has known him, she has never seen him so. . .weak? Vulnerable? Fragile? Aria just. . . She just didn't know how to describe it. Suddenly she felt a sharp poke on her neck, causing her to stiffen.

Aria's eyes travel to his eyes. Golden yellow eyes glow, hauntingly beautiful. She felt captivated by them. The way the sun or the moonlight shines on them. Like diamonds cut to perfection. Or like how the oceans sparkle during a sunset. His eyes are like the sun.

Luminous's eyes though. . . It seems off.

Aria notices something about his eyes is different. She didn't know if she was imagining it or not, but. . . she could have sworn she saw. . .

Blood red conquering the golden color.

Aria snaps out of her daydream when Luminous drops his head to her shoulder. He's breathing heavy, but not as haggard as before. She tries turning her head, but his head is in the way of her fully turning. She went to hug him but remembers that her hands are currently pinned down.

"Luminous?" Aria whispers, nervously with a tremble in her voice.

Luminous gulps as he struggles to calm down from his hunger. He lifts himself off of her. His eyes slowly return to normal.

"I'm...sorry," he pants as he struggles to get a word out and chuckles, "I thought . . . I . . . I was in the clear with . . . my bloodlust. Looks like. . . I wasn't."

Luminous helps Aria up before sitting back down on the chair he was in earlier. He leans back, clutching his sides, taking deep breathes. Aria is by his side instantly. Her brow furrows seeing how much pain he is in.

Aria's voice is laced with concern, "Lu-Lu?"

Luminous moves his head to look at her. His face was pale with sweat sliding down on his forehead, but despite all that he gave her a strained smile. It did little to lessen the throbbing pain from her chest that caused Aria to clutch her uniform jacket.