A Good Death

You and Octavia were training, throwing swings at each other as her fist connected with your stomach, letting out a small gasp

You and Octavia were training, throwing swings at each other as her fist connected with your stomach, letting out a small gasp. Your hand laid on the spot she hit, holding up a finger as you took a few deep breaths.

"Come on. A warrior doesn't stop for getting punched in the stomach," Octavia grumbled and you growled a bit, glaring at the dark brunette as she stood in front of you. You stood back up, holding your fists up as you took deep breaths. "Good," she grinned, getting back into stance as you watched her movements, studying how she fights.

Octavia took another swing at you, but you dodged it, punching the girl in the side. She grunted, stepping back her eyes narrowing at me as you smirked. She was about to attack you again when someone knocked on the doors.

You let out a sigh, walking towards the door before opening it, finding a grounder guard on the other side of it. "Can we help you?" You asked, leaning against the door.

"Kane needs to speak to you two," the guard spoke and you nodded, motioning for him to leave. He nodded his head, taking his leave as you closed the door, looking back towards Octavia.

"Let me do your hair first," she muttered and you nodded, sitting on one of the chairs in the room. You smiled as her fingers ran through your long hair, slowly shutting your eyes.

"Have you talked to Bellamy lately?" You asked and her fingers stopped. You bit your lip, wondering if that was such a good question since what happened a few months ago. "Sorry, O, I forgot you really weren't on speaking terms."

"No, it's alright. I know you're worried about him. You care for him," she muttered and you glanced towards the floor. "But, I haven't talked to him. I can probably get Kane to do it or maybe you could since he's your father," Octavia laughed, continuing to braid my hair.

After she finished your hair, the two of us made your way towards where Kane's desk was. Kane was talking on the radio when we walked in, silently standing in front of his desk as we waited for him to finish.

"Have a seat," he mentioned and Octavia sat down while you stood.

"What did I do now?" She asked your father and you furrowed your eyebrows together, wondering what she meant by that.

"Rumors of the flame's destruction are spreading. People on the street openly call for the king's head. Your choices have consequences," Kane mentioned and you turned your head towards Octavia, awaiting her response.

"Would you rather me kill Indra's daughter?" She asked and your lips parted. Indra has a daughter?

"I'd rather you didn't kill," he muttered and you rolled your eyes, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Our mission is to keep Roan on the throne, to buy time for the others. To find a way to save us from the radiation. I'm doing that," Octavia reminded Kane and you nodded, agreeing with the younger Blake.