On Duty - Part Two

I woke up to the sound of my father talking to someone, my eyes fluttering open as I peered towards the door

"Alright, thank you for informing me," my father mentioned to someone before shutting the metal door. I slowly sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as he turned around, jumping a bit when he saw me awake. "Dear, you startled me."

"Who was that, dad?" I asked, yawning slightly as I stretched, getting up from the bed.

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart. It's just a work thing," he mumbled, placing a small kiss on my forehead as I nodded. I thought about what I told Bellamy last night and decided to ask my dad about going to see Raven today when he cut me off. "I'm going to be gone for most of the day, so please for the love of God stay out of trouble," Kane joked and I stifled a laugh.

"C'mon, dad! You know me. I'm a good girl," I innocently smiled at the older man, shrugging my shoulders as he shook his head, chuckling.

"Yeah, you're something alright," he mentioned, slipping his jacket on as he walked towards the door. "Just be good alright? I probably won't be back until later tonight." I nodded my head, giving him a small smile as he walked out of the small apartment.

Well, this was easier than I thought.

I quickly knocked on Bellamy's door, impatiently waiting for him to answer as I looked around, not exactly knowing where my dad's gonna be today. The sound of the door opening snapped my head towards it, seeing Bell standing on the other side as he gave me a small smile.

"Fancy seeing you here," he smirked and I rolled my eyes. He was about to invite me in when I stopped him.

"Change of plans," I muttered and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"What? Babe, I really don't wanna go anywhere," Bellamy sighed and my heart fluttered at the pet name.

"Well, technically we're going somewhere to do nothing, but you have to be fast," I told him and he looked even more confused. "My dad's out of our apartment for most of today and I thought we could give Octavia a break from seeing us "together" and go to my place. Where we can be... alone," I explained, my eyebrows raised as his lips parted.

"O-Oh! Yeah, we can totally do that. Just give me one second," Bellamy mumbled, pecking me on the lips before closing the door.

Bellamy walked back out the door a minute later, a large grin on his lips as the two of us began to walk back towards my place. Our hands would brush every now and then, feeling my cheeks heat up as I glanced up at the freckled brunette. Sometimes I wish we were public so I could hold his hand. We reached Alpha Station, the part of the Ark where all the higher people lived... including me, and I opened our door, allowing Bellamy to walk inside before following him, closing the door behind me.

I watched as he looked around, noticing how larger it is than his place and I bit my lip, feeling a bit guilty for him and his family. "I think the way you reacted is why I've never actually brought you home, other than because my dad is around," I mumbled and he turned around, sighing slightly before taking my hands in his.