127 Years

I sat in the tavern by myself, not knowing where any of our people are as I look around at all the people sitting and chatting with others. I tap my fingers against the wooden table, growing a bit hungry but I'm too shy to ask.

A girl my age sits down in front of me with a plate full of food. She gives me a smile as I look to her with my eyes wide. How did she know? "I've seen you in here a lot since you lot live upstairs and I haven't seen you eat anything. I figured I'd bring you some food," she tells me and I can't help but smile.

"Thank you so much. I'm starving, but I was too nervous to ask anyone," I chuckle embarrassingly. I tuck my hair back, not wanting to get any food in it before chowing down.

"You don't have to be embarrassed, sweets. Everyone here is really nice. I'm Jess," she reassures me and introduces herself.

I finish chewing the food in my mouth, before introducing myself. "Hi, Jess. I'm Y/N." The two of us sit in silence for a little bit as I finish the food, trying not to moan out every bite. The door to the tavern opens as Bellamy and Murphy come into the place, the bearded man's eyes meeting mine. I give him a small smile, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly as they both walk over to us.

"Hey, Y/N," Bellamy smiles and sits down beside me. "Did you finally get to eat?" He asks, his brown eyes glancing towards the empty plate in the middle of the table.

I rest my chin against the palm of my hand, nodding my head. "Yeah. Jess here noticed I haven't had anything, so she brought me some," I tell him while pointing towards the brunette in front of me.

"Thanks, Jess. I've been trying to convince her to ask someone for food almost all day yesterday. She was not having it," Bellamy laughs, running his fingers through his hair.

"It's no problem. It gave me an incentive to come and say hi," she laughs and tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "Would you wanna come to my room? We can chat or gossip?"

"I-Yeah, that sounds fun. Let's go," I tell her while getting up, grabbing the plate from the table. "I'll see you later, Bell... Murphy." I smile at the two of them, seeing a smirk on Murphy's lips as he just gives me a knowing wink. My cheeks turn pink, blushing a bit before walking away with Jess, giving the plate to the owner of the tavern while thanking her for the amazing food.

-

"How long have you and Bellamy been friends for?" Jess asks once we're settled in her room.

I sit down on her bed, grinning a bit. "Uh, for quite a while actually. We were on the same ship that got sent to the ground on earth," I tell her and her eyebrows wrinkle.

"The ground? I'm sorry, I'm confused. What does that mean?" She chuckles and I laugh as well.

"It's okay. The ground is what we called the place we landed. Uhm, the planet experienced a bunch of nuclear missiles all at once and irradiated everything for about a hundred years. Before Earth basically exploded people were sent up to the Ark in space, which consisted of twelve space stations. After a hundred years of being in space, they decided to send delinquents down to the ground to see if it was habitable," I explained to her and Jess's lips part slightly.

"Holy shit, really? That sounds awful. So, you and Bellamy were both on that ship?"

I nod my head, pressing my lips together as I remember how much we hated each other at first. "Yeah. He was a real dickhead then. He's changed quite a bit," I mention with a small grin on my lips.

"When did you fall for him?" She asks and I snap my head up to look at her.

"W-What?! What do you mean, "fall"?" I question while stuttering.