Stuff Happens At Work

We were riding in the car with Sol. a Just Sol. No Future. No Iz. Just Jimmy, Sol, and me. I was kind of relieved that their would be no drama, and it was super quiet. Jimmy had his head tilted back on the passenger seat and I was the only one wide awake. Sol pulled up to the Jimmy's job, and I unbuckled my seatbelt. "Ay Sol?" Jimmy said sounding sleepy. "You ever feel like you just gotta say fuck it, man? When you gotta stop living up here..." He put his hand in the air up high. "And start living down here?" He turned his face to see Sol confused. "It's 7:30 in the morning dawg." Jimmy laughed faintly. He sat up, and got out the car with me. "Thank your mom for the car man." They did the handshake and we watched as Sol drove off.

"Are you sleepy?" I asked him. "It's 7:30 Caprice. Everyone is sleepy." Iz laughed and we walked into his job. I had to wait for lunch time to come before I got to see Jimmy. This dude named Paul came outside to smoke and we chatted for a while. "You here with Jimmy?" He asked. "Yeah. He's my boyfriend." I said yawning. "You got you a good one. He'a a hard worker, and I hear he raps like no ones business." I laughed a little and then sighed. "I just wish he would show it. Ya know?" He blew more smoke. "I know. He's always writing somewhere. Whether it's on his sleeve or on a bag of chips, it's his skin color he gets mad about."

"Why? Im white and I have no problem with rapping." I started waking up a little more. "Jimmy's different. One moment he's yelling and the next he's all soft." I could definitely relate. "I guess that's a way to go." I said burying my face in my arms. "Well I gotta get back to work. You stay pretty okay?" I laughed and nodded as he walked away. An hour went by before anyone finally started coming for lunch break. A woman was rapping and I wanted to join in before anybody showed up.

I didn't get a chance to, because everyone who worked here came out. I just didn't see Rabbit. The lady who was rapping started saying shit about her job and how she hated it, when this dude with cornrows and a goofy smile showed up.

"I can't believe that I'm hearing all this raving and ranting from Vanessa up here at the new Detroit Stamping. You need to get yo food and take yo ass back to work, you're dreaming if you think those corny ass raps will work." Everybody laughed and I didn't find it funny. "Look at y'all standing out here freezing like dumb fucks, rapping and waiting for food off dis' lunch truck, who want what who punked up to get rolled up with venom in every direction soak some up." Once again everyone laughed, and I saw Jimmy shaking an orange juice. I smiled knowing he saw this and waited for him to bud in. "Look at this fatass nigga, you an ugly motherfucker, your pops shoulda wore rubber, stop rhyming keep your day job Vanessa, next time leave that bull shit home on the dresser. Speaking of dressers, that nigga look like he bought a fruit cake." He was now addressing people. Paul. Who cares if Paul's gay?

"When you traveling you probably pack panties in your suitcase. Made outta lace from Victoria Secret, if 10 men came in a cup, you'd probably drink it." I gritted my teeth and glanced at Jimmy who saw me. He winked secretly and I smirked. He walked straight into the group of people and started rapping. "Okay folks, enough with the gay jokes, especially from a gay broke bitch yourself, halo. This guys dodo, you've worked here longer than me and I get paid more than you do. Dawg take a seat, what's this dude standing in line for, he ain't got money to eat. Check this out, yo, yo this guy cashed his whole check and bought one ho ho. Fucking homo, little maggot, you can't hack it, Paul's gay, you're a faggot. At least she admits it, don't even risk it, this guys starving to death, someone get em a biscuit!" Everyone laughed at Jimmy's jest, and he kept going.

"I don't know what they told you, Mike. You must have those corn rows rolled to tight, this job you wanna quit but you can't, you worked at this plant so long, you're a plant!" I smirked and walked closed to Jimmy. "Look at yo goddamn boots. For god's sake they're starting to grow roots. On this mic you get faded. You look like a pissed off raper who never made it. And why you fucking with the gay guy g, when really you're the one who has the HIV. Man I'm done with this clown he's soft. Fuck it I'll let homegirl finish you off." He finished and Vanessa started rapping about Mike again.

"You killed him." I said to him. "Could've done better." I rolled my eyes at him and a thought came to my mind. What Wink had asked me that day Cheddar shot himself. "Say um Jimmy?" I asked. He pulled me closer. "Yeah?" I whispered in his ear, "Take me somewhere." His eyes narrowed and he said, "C'mon." I grabbed his hand as he brought me to the inside of the factory. We ran up a cement ramp and I could t stop smiling. I probably looked like a dog and a car window.

He sat his orange juice in the ramp and helped me down underneath the two yellow horizontal poles. My back hit carts and metal crates behind me, and I beamed as our hands weaved together. He kissed me sweetly. Then fiercely, then it got a little blurry. Everything he did to me I remember felt good. I just couldn't imagine what it was. It's like I was a newborn vampire tasting blood for the first time. I couldn't stop. I felt as if the world stopped and only his face moved in time with me. My bare hands stroked the features and planes of his face, to his neck, to his stomach. It was all so beautiful. It was all so unreal and unorthodox that I didn't wanna stop. It took everything in my will to, but even then I couldn't stop yearning for his lips to meet mine. For his hands to hold me close to him. "I love you." I whispered to him, looking at my hoodie on the floor and my strapless tee high on my stomach.

"I love you Too." He replied, making me go red all over, if I hadn't already. I breathed heavily like a freak and slid my hoodies over my head. He did the same, just with his pants. Oh gosh! Now I knew what we had done and it's just degrading. Ugh. I wiped my mouth, but then I realized....He's mine.