Short chapter but im working on an update.

We just sat on the porch with Lily asleep inside. I didn't cry that they almost killed him, I cried because it lowered his confidence level even more.

His mom was walking down to the trailer with a brown bag in her hand, her hair and nails done and a face of makeup! Her blue dress and black heel boots went well and I was kind of shocked to see her looking so good when she was gonna get evicted.

"Jesus," She said as she approached the porch steps. "What happened to you?" Jimmy looked down at his knees and messed with his thumbs. "I fell." Were his words. I looked at him and bit down hard in my lower lip. "You fell?" She mocked. Jimmy looked up at her and stared with his eyes puffy and red. "I fell." He repeated with sternness in his voice. "Y'all c'mon in I'll make y'all something to eat." She said. "What?" I was shocked a little too. I guess she had food floating around somewhere. "I'm your mother. I wanna make you something to eat what's the big deal?"

Jimmy and I just looked at each other and shrugged. Getting our selves together, we stood and made our way to the inside of the house. "I thought you wanted me out?" Rabbit stumbled. I shoved past him and sat on the couch. "You want the fucking pancakes or not?" I tried not to laugh, but that was so hilarious to me. Jimmy looked shocked even more than he was earlier. "What's gotten into you?" He sat in a chair nearby while his mom's back was turned to us. "We're not getting evicted."

"Why not?" Jimmy asked.

"I went to bingo...and I won!" She pulled out a stash of money and my eyes popped out of my sockets almost. "Thirty two hundred." Jimmy let out a small laugh and I went to go stand closer. "You're kidding me?"

"Nope. My lucks finally changing around here." She said slamming the money on the counter. She started taking ingredients from the bag and sat it down on the floor. I reached over and picked up the bag to throw it away. "Did you mean what you said about doing a demo with Wink?" That caused me to look up at her and then Jimmy. He just slightly shook his head and answered, "No." That made me smile a little bit. "I'm gonna do it on my own."

"Ya know rabbit? I think that's the best way." She nodded her head and he chuckled a little.