Chapter 3 - Crossing Enemy Lines

"Nooo!" Pam screamed. She picked up the nearest chair and flung it across the room, shattering the mirror and several bottles of Cristal and Blood Royale that were on display behind the bar. "I won't let you do this."

Eric tried to keep his voice level, not an easy feat with the silver cuffs searing into his skin. Nan Flanagan and her cronies had confined him to Fangtasia to await his final death while she reported back to the Authority.

"Calm down, Pam. Throwing a tantrum won't serve any purpose here. What's done is done."

Bloody tears streaked down his progeny's pale cheeks. "How can you tell me to calm down? You're going to let that AVL bitch snuff out your life without a fight. You're over a thousand years old Eric. Nan Flanagan is no match for you."

"Jag kan inte slåss henne," he growled, jumping from his seat, his fangs extending. He still could not help reverting back to his ancient tongue when his temper got the better of him.

"Yes, you can fight her, Eric. You have to. I nearly lost you forever because of a fucking witch and I'm not going to lose you again. Please, if you ever loved me, you won't let them kill you."

Eric retracted his fangs and stared into her bloodshot blue eyes. In his thousand years, he had sired others, but none of his children had ever touched his heart the way Pam did. She was every bit as ruthless and cunning as he was and her lust for life rivaled his own. They spent nearly a hundred years together traveling the world, tasting life's blood and indulging their pleasures. He'd grown to love her as only a father could and would sacrifice anything, including himself, to keep her safe.

He reached out his bound hands and caressed her cheek, catching a teardrop of blood on his thumb and placing it to his lips. "Don't you see that I'm doing this for you? If I were to kill Nan, it would be a death sentence not just for me, but for you as well. The Authority would hunt us both down."

"Do you think I'd give a shit about my life in you're not in it?" She cried.

"Pam..."

The sound of footsteps drawing near caught their attention. They turned in the direction of the main entrance. Pam moved in front of Eric as if to shield him from an impending attack. Eric could feel her anger and fear flowing through their blood bond. His body tensed as he stared at the entrance. To his surprise, it wasn't Nan who entered the bar, but Tara Thorton.

Pam sneered. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"I came to talk to Eric," she said, her face hard and defiant. She was a brave girl, but very foolish.

Before Eric could react Pam was upon her, pinning her against the opposite wall. "There's no camera's here, you witch loving bitch. You picked just the right time and place for me to rip your fucking throat out."

"Bill said you couldn't touch me."

Pam laughed. "I don't give a flying piss about Bill." She opened her mouth wide ready to sink her fangs into Tara's flesh.

"Låta henne gå," said Eric, making his voice low and hard. "Now, Pam!"

"Fuck," Pam hissed then reluctantly let go of Tara's arms and backed away.

"Leave us," he commanded.

Pam gave him a chastened look before disappearing into the back office and shutting the door.

Tara stared at him with those big brown eyes that had captured him so completely back at the Dorchester.

He walked towards her. "Pam has obviously taken a shine to you, I see."