Chapter 9 - Special Delivery

It was nearly twelve o'clock in the afternoon when Tara's eyes fluttered open, still drowsy from lack of sleep, only to find herself alone, naked, and tangled among white sheets dotted with blood. She looked down, feeling a zing of tightness in her nipples. Despite the muggy heat that smothered the bedroom, the peaks stood hard and erect like tiny icebergs. A sticky residue of dampness pooled between her breasts.

Feeling nauseous and a bit disoriented, she struggled to sit up. Her body was sore all over, particularly between her legs. She looked down at the two tiny puncture wounds on her inner thigh. The bite marks Eric left behind pretty much debunked her theory that last night's sexcapade was just another erotic dream.

She waited for a residual feeling of guilt, shame, or anger to resurface, but couldn't even muster a hint of angst in her heart. Sex with Eric had been amazing. In fact, it was the best sex of her life. Just thinking of the things he'd done and said to her sent a rush of arousal coursing through her veins. Would she do it again? She wasn't sure. At least for now, she had no regrets.

The smell of fried pork chops distracted her from her thoughts.

Ginger must be back, she thought, assuming no one else would be here in the middle of the day cooking food.

Her mouth watered. She hadn't eaten fried pork chops in ages and couldn't wait for a taste, but first she had to take care of a more urgent matter. Her legs wobbled as she stood up. She grabbed hold of the bed post to steady herself then slowly made her way to the bathroom. If sex with Eric wore her out this much, she would definitely have to pace herself.

After taking a shower, throwing on a pair of jeans that fit snugger than she remembered and a purple tank with thin straps, she followed the delectable scent of fried food into the kitchen. Her mouth dropped when she saw the shirtless man standing at the stove wearing dark blue jeans and no shoes or socks.

"Alcide? What the heck are you doin' here?"

Alcide spun around to face her, holding a plate in one hand and a spatula in the other. He looked as surprised as she was. "Tara? You're the last person I expected to see."

After setting the spatula and plate on the table and wiping his hands on a nearby towel, he crossed the space between them and pulled her into a bear hug. His chest pressed against her cheek. She felt like she was being wrapped in a heated blanket, which was a stark contrast to Eric's tepid temperature. The pleasant scent of Aqua Velva filled her nostrils along with his own masculine musk.

He pulled back to look at her. "I was just fixin' somethin' to eat. You hungry?"

"I could eat a whole fucking pig right now," she said, moving out of his embrace and over to the kitchen table.

Alcide chuckled then took out another plate from the cabinet and set it in front of her. Tara grabbed the spatula and placed two medium-sized pork chops on her plate. She grabbed the fork he handed her and took a bite of the tender meat.

"Mmm...damn that's good. How'd you learn to cook like this?"

"My dad."

"Well give him a big 'ol kiss from me." She stuffed another succulent piece into her mouth and chewed. "I swear it's like my body's been craving this."