EYES.

a/ n; I have major writers' block, I didn't like the last chapter so I'm replacing it with this- hopefully this one is better. anyways, above is a gif showing what it looks like when Varyti uses her powers (lmao its a scene from Dr. Strange but just ignore that)

***

varyti

"Why does Ultron want Varyti?" Clint asks the vision, "God, you'd think one avenger would be enough."

"I am not an Avenger," I announce, just in case anyone else needed a reminder.

"I... Ultron knows of Varyti's power, he means to convert her to his side and use her abilities for his plan." The vision explains to us.

"So what is the plan? We cannot just go into Sokovia and begin attacking." Wanda points out.

Sokovia. How did my mom know we would fight there?

"Varyti? Any suggestions?" Tony says as he turns to look at me.

I bite my bottom lip and begin to think, "Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out." I stand up and walk over to the wide glass window and look up at the night sky.

"All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done, and find out what Ultron's been building. We find Natasha, and we clear the field." I turn back around and face the team. "Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him."

"It's about whether he's right." Steve finishes my sentence. "Alright, you heard her, that's our plan. Three minutes. Grab what you need and we leave on the Quinjet."

I quickly make my way to the room that was lent to me by Tony. Once I'm there, I shut the door and lock it to prevent anybody from walking in.

I sit down on the edge of the bed and wave my hand over the covers. The box and key that my mother had previously given me appears.

I take the key into my hand and insert it into the lock, then turn it to the right until I hear a small click. With that, the box pops open a bit and I open it fully, curious to see what is inside.

Eggs.

She gave me eggs.

I furrow my brows and carefully pick the one on the left up, inspecting it. The black scales look beautiful, and I cannot help but smile to myself.

I place the egg back into the makeshift nest and look over at the other two. The one in the middle is white, while the one on the right is a gorgeous green.

"Why have you been given to me, little ones?" I whisper to myself. Then, the conversation my mom and I had replays in my head.

"Open this when the fight in Sokovia is over. Then send them into hiding... In Wakanda. Let them grow there so when they come, you will be ready. In the meantime, you must train. Exercise your powers, Varyti for you have barely scratched the surface. You are more powerful than you know."