DECISIONS.

varyti

"We can't just give up, Tony," I say, sitting up in my chair.

"Who the hell said that we were giving up?" He turns to me with a small scowl.

This is where we are at the moment. Squabbling about what the final say would be in terms of the Sokovian Accords- an idiotic idea, in my opinion.

"Listen I'm not saying that it's the only choice or that, that is the greatest choice, but its the best shot we have if we want to continue to help people."

"It comes with restrictions, Tony!" I argue.

"What deal doesn't! It's a compromise." Tony glares at me.

"Peace and the safety of the people shouldn't be a fucking compromise." I seethe, while Sam whispers 'shiiit' from behind me.

"You know what? I'm done arguing. It's your decision." Tony points at everyone in the room before walking away. "I just hope you guys make the right one."

With that, Stark leaves us to ourselves.

"So what's our game plan?" Natasha asks the group.

"There is no game plan," I reply, trying to calm a headache that had been forming.

"And who left you in charge of making the decisions?" Rhodey looks at me with his eyebrows knitted together.

"Nobody. But it seems to me that none of you are willing to take initiative and make one." I stand up and walk away. "I'm going to go speak with Tony. We need to make a choice- or one will be made for us."

***

"I hope you aren't here to change my mind, V," Tony says while reviewing the Accords.

"I don't know what else you want me to do, Tony we cannot allow the Accords to separate us-"

"If we don't do this now, they'll force us to do it later and if we don't comply then; then we're done. Just like that. Is that what you want?"

I sigh and close my eyes "I didn't come over here to fight with you."

"No? Then why are you here?" Tony looks at me for a second and turns around, going back to doing what he was doing before I walked in.

"One day, you're going to learn that the people around you just want what's best. Whether it's for you or not." I say and walk out, aggravated and annoyed.

"What'd he say?" A voice from behind me asks, startling me.

"James?"

"Hey, sugar." James hugs me tightly, to which I return.

"How are you?" I ask him, pulling away from the hug.

"I think I should be asking you that... I just found out about the Accords." He says, and I rub my temples, "You know what you're gonna vote yet?"

"I... I cannot allow the Accords to become law. The world needs the Avengers in a position that allows them to help everyone." I state.

James looks at me with an understanding of my point of view. "And you? Have you been asked to sign?"

"No, as an agent, it isn't being asked of me. I'm with you, though." He smiles at me and looks back. "Hey, why don't we take a walk around? I haven't had a chance to explore yet." James takes my hand and pulls me along with him.