FIGHT.

***

varyti

After walking out of the building and giving Wanda the small talk, I continue doing what I was doing previously before I am interrupted by my name being called.

"Varyti!" I turn around and come face to face with Wanda, who engulfs me into a tight hug. "I will fight... and I am forever grateful for the protection you have offered me. Thank you."

"Anytime, Wanda," I reply and before I can return the hug, her brother is sweeping her off her feet, carrying her somewhere else.

"Keep up, printsessa!" He yells as he speeds off.

I roll my eyes and use my powers to lift me off my feet and into the air, then head off towards where the action is.

"Hey, Varyti, Thor, I'm gonna need you guys to meet me at the Church," Tony says through the comms.

"I'm on my way," I reply and fly over to where Tony needs me while destroying a couple robots along the way.

I get there as soon as Thor does and Tony heads over to where we are.

"Quick update- before anything else- Banner and Romanoff are now on the field, so we've got most of the fighting covered now. What I need you guys to do, is help me." He says. I look over at Thor and he furrows his brows.

"What do you require of us, Stark?" He asks Tony.

"I need you to help me blow up this rock." He answers.

"I'm sorry, is this a solution or an escape plan?" Thor asks him accusingly.

"Thor, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." I tell him, agreeing with Tony.

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve cuts into our conversation through the comms.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Natasha replies.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." He counters.

"I didn't say we should leave... There are worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this? You here makes it even better." Natasha tells Steve, and I feel my light purple eyes turn into an even darker shade of purple as I listened in on their conversation.

What was going on?

"Well, I'm glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." Director Fury's voice comes out of nowhere, and we turn around only to be greeted with the Helicarrier and a small team of Quinjets, ready to help us out. "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch. Now, where's my pilot?" I chuckle lightly and ask.

"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury says before another voice joins in.

"I knew you missed me," James says and a big smile sets itself on my face.

"No, actually, I just remembered you owe me a drink. I need you alive for that, James." I say jokingly.

"Yeah, yeah. Pilots, break off, take out as many of these things as you can, not one robot can escape. Got it?" He announces to the pilots following his lead.

A string of confirmations follows as the jets break up and start shooting at the robots, helping us with our mission.

"This is SHIELD?" Pietro asks as he runs over to Tony, Thor and I.