𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR( the descent into hell isn't easy, part ii )

CHAPTER FOUR
( the descent into hell isn't easy, part ii )

As someone who spends his nights working at a club, Jax really valued his sleep. He could sleep anytime and anywhere, having him passed out on the living room couch wasn't a rare sight. He usually would've slept for hours and hours until Jocelyn or Clary wole him up. Unfortunately for him, this nap didn't last long either as he was suddenly shaken awake. Even after he groaned sleepily in response, the person still didn't stop their rapid shaking until he pried his eyes open.

The bright light caught him by surprise and his eyes took a few seconds to adjust themselves. But when he saw the figure hunched over the couch in front of him, he had to blink twice to make sure that he was seeing things correctly. Because the person who shook him awake, was Simon, the glasses wearing mundane who somehow ended up in the Institute full of shadowhunters. "Simon? What the hell are you doing here?" he asked sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh thank God you're alright, " Simon breathed out in relief. "Jax, listen to me, I don't know where we are but I just left Clary with that Mick Jagger looking guy and now that I've found you, it'll be easier to bust her out of here."

"Bust her out?" Jax asked again in confusion, slowly getting up from his position.

"You're rather slow, are you sure you're alright?" Simon was back to worrying and pressed the palm of his hand to Jax's forehead, which the werewolf then swatted away with a scowl. "Oh no, the kidnappers didn't give you drugs, did they? I should've known-"

"Would you just shut up for a second?" he interrupted the boy's ramblings, holding his hand out as a gesture to stop talking. "No, I'm not on drugs. No, they didn't kidnap me and we're not gonna bust Clary out of anywhere."

"Wha-What are you talking about? You know where we are?"

Jax groaned and nodded, pushing Simon away so he could stand up. He stretched his aching muscles for a bit and straightened out his crumpled shirt before walking off, Simon following behind him like a lost puppy. "Is this some kind of a cult?" the mundane asked again when Jax made no move to tell them where they are.

"Does this look like a cult to you?" Jax gestured towards their surroundings. "A very fancy cult," Simon said again as he looked at the people dressed in all black and the many techncologies around them.

They walked into a room where Alec, Jace, and Clary all stood in front of monitor; Simon not noticing how Jax could navigate his way through the huge place and know exactly where Clary is while he had been sleeping only minutes ago.

"You brought a mundane in here?" Alec asked in disbelief when he saw the boy beside Jax. The tall Shadowhunter gave a sharp look to Jace, "A mundane shouldn't be in the Insitute."