𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE( this world inverted, part ii )

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
( this world inverted, part ii )

"Alec? Hey, I thought you're coming to pick me up at six, why are you here so early?" Jax asked when he opened the door to reveal his boyfriend.

He had been busy writing an email to his boss saying that he would also be taking the day off tomorrow—much to Alec's demand, when someone knocked on the door. The person obviously did not understand the term of waiting patiently as they kept on knocking until Jax opened the door. His frown turned into a confused look when he saw his boyfriend.

Alec grinned and held up the two suits in his hands as if it was obvious. "I came to dress you up for the party of course," he said before walking inside Jax's apartment.

Jax raised an eyebrow at him, "I'm a grown man, Alec. I can dress myself." He closed the door behind him and walked after Alec, who laid down the suits on the edge of the couch and was strolling towards the kitchen.

"Of course you can. But knowing you, you'd probably go wearing another one of your black t-shirts."

That was exactly what Jax planned on wearing but it's not like he's gonna tell him now.

"I find it insulting that you didn't think I have anything else to wear!" he exclaimed instead.

Jax sat down on the couch and grabbed the suits, inspecting them. He wasn't as involved in the fashion industry like his boyfriend had been but he knew well enough that these cost a lot of money. "Oh my sweet Jesus, this fabric is smoother than a baby's bottom," he mumbled as he traced his hands along the suit, his eyes not leaving them for even a second. "Did you borrow these from someone? I don't think I remember you having these."

"No, I bought them for you," Alec's muffled voice came from the kitchen.

"You what?" Jax asked in suprise, turning around from his position on the couch with wide eyes to see Alec casually drinking a glass of water.

"These-These must've cost a fortune! Hell, these probably cost more than my life!" Jax exclaimed, gesturing towards the suits.

Alec bent over the couch to kiss Jax's cheek before walking around and slumped down next to his boyfriend. "Don't worry about it babe," was all that he said as he sipped the glass of water that he got from the kitchen.

Hearing his boyfriend's response, Jax stared at Alec in disbelief, and more worried than he had been. "I obviously have to worry about it if you won't tell me how much," he said but Alec merely grinned, not giving a number to the question. "I'll pay you back," Jax eventually said.