𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE( rise up, part ii )

( rise up, part ii )

"Come on, Alec. The least you could do is take off these fucking handcuffs," Jax grunted and narrowed his eyes at the raven haired archer. He really didn't want to show how much the silver were bothering him but even in the dark, they could see that the skin around his wrists were starting to redden. And the fact that it stings every time he moved didn't help either.

Alec's gaze soften but he reluctantly shook his head. "The guards feel safer if you have them on. They're afraid you'll lash out on them or something."

"I might just do it anyways," Jax growled at the ones closest to him. His eyes flashing to blue for a moment and the guatds tried to hide how much the werewolf intimidated them.

Alec took his place between Meliorn and Jax, grabbing them both by the arm before they started walking. The guards following closely behind them. The alley was dark, quiet, and barely illuminated by the dim street lights. The perfect place for an ambush, Alec thought. And true to his thoughts, they didn't make it far before an indistinct growling was heard.

After seeing Alec held up his hand, the guards all stopped, instinctively raising their weapons. Jax and Meliorn merely looked at each other and smirked, knowing exactly what this was. It wasn't long before several werewolves made an appearence, lurking silently close by, but nevet making a move to approach them.

"This could be a trap," Alec spoke up, eyeing the werewolves cautiously. He picked up on the wolves strange behaviour. If they wanted to attack, they would've done it by now. "Secure the perimeter. Do it now," he ordered them, and the guards all went away, leaving only four behind.

"I'll take them both inside," Alec said again to the remaining guards. "Stay here. Nobody gets through." Those were his last words before he left the guards to defend the area. Alec started walking at a faster pace but stopped when he heard several noises of struggle behind him. He turned around only to see the four guards were now gone. If it wasn't for the way Alec's body turned rigid, Jax would think that Alec seemed completely unfazed.

"Not too late to turn back," Meliorn spoke up for the first time since they arrived.

"Quiet. I won't tell you again," Alec snapped at the Seelie.

Without wasting anymore time, Alec grabbed them both by the collar and dragged them away. He rounded a corner and brought them inside a warehouse, where he started drawing a rune and one of the walls in front of them crumbled. "Okay, Jax, listen to me," Alec said quietly to the werewolf. "I want you to punch me in the face."

"I'm sorry, what?" Jax asked, obviously not believing what he just heard.

"Didn't you hear me?"