𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

CHAPTER EIGHT ( raising hell, part i )

CHAPTER EIGHT
( raising hell, part i )

As they all walked around the Hotel DuMort in search of Simon, it became painfully obvious how they were an odd looking group. A girl in a tight dress, a guy with a bunch of arrows, two shadowhunters who were running ahead and a werewolf who had blood on the corner of his lips. Luckily, they didn't run into any more distractions as they were quick to find Simon, who was being held captive by the same male vampire they saw earlier. The vampire held a knife to Simon's neck as he demanded them to do as he said.

They all had no choice but to follow him when he yelled out orders and led them through another set of doors and down the stairs. The vampire gestured towards the door beside them, still holding the knife to Simon's neck, "Open that door or I'll kill him right now!"

Unlike his other friends, this vampire was smart enough to hide behind some pipes and used them to shield him away from the sunlight when Isabelle kicked open the door. He hissed as some of the light still burned his skin through the holes from the pipes. "Take him," he shoved the mundane to them

Simon sighed in relief and started running up the stairs but then stopped and turned back around to face the vampire. "I don't know how I can thank you," Simon stammered.

"Don't thank me, you mean nothing. This is about Valentine and the chaos he can bring," the vampire hissed. They got Simon, that's all that matters and so they piled up the stairs, wanting to leave before any more of his vampire friends appeared. Although they were all silently wondering why this vampire would let Simon go so easily when he had been the one to kidnap him in the first place.

"Jax Harper. Remember who your friends are," the vampire called out, causing Jax to stop in his path. He turned around and tried to his surprise at how the vampire knew his name when he's tried so hard to keep a low profile that even the Clave couldn't find him.

"How do you know my name?" he asked back in return, his face impassive and eyes narrowed in suspicion.

The vampire chuckled, as if he knew something he doesn't. "You wouldn't believe how much free time one has when they're immortal. And you're not exactly as invisible as you thought, if I can find out about you, others can too."

Jax raised an eyebrow at his response, not sure if that was meant to be a threat or not. But instead of saying something stupid that could probably start up a fight, he just smirked ever so slightly. "Well since you already know my name, I might as well know yours."

Through the small holes of the pipes, Jax could see that the vampire's expression faltered. He hesitated, not sure if it would be wise to tell Jax his name but after a few seconds of hesitation, he eventually answered. "Santiago. Raphael Santiago."

Jax wanted to say something, ask more questions but he heard Clary calling for him from the top of the stairs and so he gave Raphael one last look before he went back up the stairs to join the others. Isabelle was standing alone, fixing her lipstick while Alec and Jace were a few steps away, talking to each other and he assumed it was another shadowhunter business so he stuck with Clary and Simon instead. Jax made fun of Simon's terrified face as the three talked and joked around like the way things were before they all got dragged into this mess.