𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THRITY ONE( morning star, part i )

CHAPTER THRITY ONE
( morning star, part i )

Alec walked up to his mother alone, hoping that she still wasn't in a bad enough mood to at least talk to him in a civilized manner. He had luckily mnaged to convince Jax to stay behind, knowing that his mother wouldn't be too pleased to see him again just yet. "Have you spoken to Lydia?" he asked his mother. "No one's seen her since the wedding."

But Maryse didn't reply, didn't even look at him as she kept her eyes on the screen in front of her, tapping away on the monitor in her hands.

Alec sighed at the lack of reaction and held both of his hands behind his back. "Mom, come on," he pleaded, wanting her to at least acknowledge him.

"Maryse," Robert said in warning, putting his hand on her shoulder as he came up from behind her. He had been talking to one of the Clave members but soon walked up to his family when he saw the tension between them.

"Mom, I understand you're upset, but this is–"

"Calling off the wedding would've been one thing.." she trailed off as she placed down the tablet, finally looking at her son in the eye. "But kissing that werewolf in front of the entire Institute? You've embarrassed all of us."

"Why? Because he's a guy?" Alec tried to keep the anger out of his voice. He knew his parents wouldn't approve but to say that he's embarrassed them for doing something that makes him happy wasn't necessary.

"No. The fact that he is a guy, as you say, is the least of my worries," Maryse said and Alec failed to keep the surprise from his face as he glanced at his father then back to his mother. "Then what's the problem?"

"That you chose Jax Harper," Maryse stated as if it was obvious and Alec drew in a quiet breath as his mother started taking once more. "His reputation precedes him. Have you ever seen him when he lost control? He became a monster, a killing machine. It's his natural instinct to kill, Alec. You are a fool if you think you can change him."

"It was never my intention to change him," Alec said, looking at both of his parents in disbelief. "Being a werewolf, and everything that happened in his past.. they're all a part of him. I can't pick and choose which parts of him to love. I like him for the way he is and I don't plan on changing a single thing."

"You speak of him like you know everything that's going in his life," he continued on. "But guess what? You don't."

"And you do?" his father asked back unsurely.

"No, I don't," Alec admitted honestly. "But I plan to get to know him. And if you have a problem about that, then I suggest you deal with it."