Chapter 3

You had a good talk with Steve's parents over a cup of tea. It brought sweat and shivers as you explained everything. Well, Joesph wasn't all pleased to believe you but Sarah was patient. She patted your hand and gave you all her trust.

"Nonsense! Well frankly Sarah, I don't give a Damn Shit about this." he gets up.

"Joseph! For the sake of God, I'm warning you about your language."

"Oh really, Since when you cared about so much me?! You left the building the day I was admitted to the ward upstate and guess what, I waited for you, Sarah. Miss Fera told me everything about what you said when you refused to pay me a visit until I lay down my last breath!" Joesph stated through his bitter experience. Sarah on the other hand never got a clue. She never had the chance to share his very last moment. Memories flooded her when tears filled her eyes and she looks aside. You looked over at Sarah who pulls back with a hand covering her moist lips. Her cheeks which are now stained red from the warmth of tears. It was a problem, that none of each two lovers knows about their death.

You held Sarah in your arms and tried to calm down her tears. When suddenly you looked outside. That familiar engine roar and key clicks were too close to your expectations. Joseph scoffs and turns to his side when he sees his son. It sure surprised him that now he's taller... It was dark outside and he was only convinced by the shadows.

Bella got up excitedly and dashes to the door! You just closed your eyes and took a deep breath knowing this is going to be a hell of explaining to do when the door opens with your husband stepping in with his soaking wet jacket. He must've been rushing home just to see his beautiful wife when the last thing he smiled at was to your dog. And there you are. Holding Sarah while sitting sideways.

"I... I can explain."

Steve had his gaze fixed on his mother. Then you. Joseph cleared his throat and Steve looks over at him at far right. It's a mess. Really. But Steve stood calmly.

"Well son, I thought you were...smaller?." Joseph cracked a question hoping for his son's positive response. Honestly, if he had to admit, by judging his son's appearance, he knows he stands no chance against him. Not really.

A stern deep breath came on Steve just gave his father a look. The look of forgiveness he had moved on after so many years. "Father." he came along.

"Steve~? Is that you?" you watch Sarah slowly got up from the couch to approach her son. For the first time in decades, she stepped up to him with her both hands on her son's sidearm. "It really is you. My little Steven. I never thought my little soldier is now all grown up." If only she was taller than his jaw she would have kissed his cheek like she always did when Steve was little.

Steve closes his eyes when his mother gave him a hug. A cozy motherly hug like no other...

 A cozy motherly hug like no other