Chapter 7

Joesph and Steve waited outside the fitting room with the floor around them filled with a bag of clothes. Out of fifteen bags, only three belongs to Joseph. The others were Sarah's.

"This is longer than I'm expecting."

"Patience, Father. Patience."

Joesph crosses his arms and leaned back. A relaxing jazzy melody plays throughout the mall as they both continue to wait.

"You look absolutely gorgeous!"

"Really? Hmm... I think I really like this. I like it when the fabrics are not too tight and rough against my skin. So soft! Hmm!~" Sarah gave a spin around and looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. Once again feeling like a teenager she was. It surprises you that she's not even ashamed of her body. Scars stained her skin as it's obvious that she's been suffering from underweight all this while and now it seems no clothes were a problem with that. Earlier she insisted you to enter the fitting room since she needed your opinion.

"Oh please, please can I have this piece? I love it!" Sarah pleaded with you.

"Well, I guess we can have it. I mean it's limited edition."

"Thank you!" she smiled and hugged the fabrics once she changed.

"Don't mention it." you both stepped out from the changing section and took out your credit card to pay.

Sarah went over to show Joesph what you bought her. While Steve, yet again on an urgent phone call. Steve was tense. You could tell it wasn't any pleasant call since he started to leave the boutique. You sighed knowing there's always a small moment of each day that Steve would be on his mission call.

"C'mon you two. Let's go have something to eat." you brought Sarah and Joseph to the nearby hot dog cart while Steve followed from a distance behind. Meanwhile, both parents were enjoying their hot dogs and a bowl of mashed potatoes as you went off for a quick stroll.

Alone by the street side sat an old lady with a look no one would confront. She was so old that her wrinkles buried her features. In her hand, she held an empty cup that once had been filled with water. She looks alone in the dark alley. Definitely not a beggar.

"Greetings to you young lady... How was your day?" you're sure your heart skipped a beat.

"Pardon me?" you asked softly. You took a step into the alley.

"I am lost and starving for some food of warmth... looking for a place to stay." she sounded quite nice. A very kind old lady.

"I uh-- I'm sorry but don't the--" gripping tighter to your purse.

"I truly understand that you can't afford me happiness but I am more than satisfied to try talking to you," she stated guilty. Of course, you didn't want to upset her. You don't even know what to do.

"But I really should be going."

The lady looked a bit upset. Her head facing down at her cup. Now you're the bad guy. And why is this happening to you? Is it a challenge? It kinda frustrates you when you started to judge the situation.

"Just wait here. I'll get you some cookies." you crossed the street to buy some cookies for her. Returning back at the same spot. She's still there staring at the plain bricked wall.

"Are these cookies?" she smiled and takes it from you. Glad to see one like in years you guessed.

"Yeap. One chocolate and the other will be oats. But uh... your welcome?"

She already starting eating while your explaining to her about the flavors.

"(Y/N)! Where the heck has you been?! I've been looking all over for you." you paused and looked behind you. Steve was here with his phone in his hand. He stares at the lady behind you.