Chapter 6

Steve knew that he had to tell you something. But meanwhile, you and Sarah were having a good talk about his childhood.

“Oh no he didn’t…. Jesus Steve what on earth were you up to?!” you burst out laughing.

“He went there all alone.” Sarah said with a mischievous grin then muttered a whisper “Butt naked too.” She winked.

“What, I was only six! Besides no one would remember me doing that.”

“C’mon Steve. Tell me what happened!” you asked.

 Steve stated through embarrassment. Of course, he didn’t want to talk about this, it's terrible to even remember it. According to his mother, Steve hated to shower. He would often escape from her so that he could hide. Basically from underneath the tables or to the backyard.  Just one particular time that he went out to the backyard and found himself distracted by a bakery truck and into the bakery truck and in he goes to hide. Just to realize that the driver had him locked in as he was delivering the rest of the bread stock to the nearest bakery. Through the bumpy journey, Steve was panicked and predicted he will be nowhere near home. Holding back his tears he felt tiny bits and nibs all over his body. From there it already started to itch!

“Hah! I knew it. How can you not know what you're sitting on?” you asked simply sipping some coffee.

“Its dark back then. And those ants were all over the sugar that I'm sitting on. So I took off my clothes.” Steve shrugged.

“Ouch….”

As soon as the driver swings open the doors out came Steve hoping out of the truck and quickly into the bakery with panic. Some screamed when they saw him while a mother of three daughters struggled to block their view. Steve was brought to the back of the shop not long later while his mother came to bring him home.

“It was terrible, your father and I were searching all over for you. Joseph even got helped by a few strangers. I couldn't remember much dear, but I do see this little boy. He looked so much like his father. Typical Germans. Or is that really his father.”

“So, in the end, we made a police report. Tracked him down to where the crowd held.” Joseph explained while eating his slice of toast. He personally made it clear to you early this morning that he likes his toast ‘Burned’ and there he had it. Burned.

“Alright everyone, story times over.” Steve got up to clear the table. There’s still so much to do even though its Tuesday.

“Again Steven, I want you to cut down on those eggs. It's unhealthy to eat it raw since there are tons of bacteria and you'll get fat for that—all so unhealthy for your--” you nicely held his mother back for a cup of tea.

“Now why not we let Steve do what he wants. Mrs. Rogers,”

“No, no dear just Sarah will do. No need to be all so formal with us.”

“Alright, but isn’t it better well… how do I put this into words.”

Sarah gave her son a look while he already left to do the dishes. In her eyes, you knew how much Steve had meant a lot to her and it hurts her to see how much things had changed from her time. Steve is no longer her adorable son who needs to be an extra concern with but now a super soldier that had been involved defeating several massive alien invasions. You had told them all about it. She sighs with her fingers gripping the sheer fabric of her floral dress. It was the same as she came from the picture. And so does Joseph.

You had an idea just how to cheer her up. 

"(Y/N), there's something I wanna tell you..."

"What is it, Steve?"

Hey, I'm glad you made it this far. This one's a little out of the storyline I know but since it came into my thoughts so why not give it a shot. I promise the next chapter will be slightly interesting so stay tuned! :)