Their Return - Chapter Ten - Victory

We made it to the tree line of the river. I got off Destrier while Lucy came down from Aslan he nodded to both of us and we went up first. Walking to the side of the bridge they stopped looking at us. Lucy took her dagger out while id did the same and held my necklace. We smiled while tilting our heads. Aslan came up behind us and gave both of us a gentle smile.

"Charge" the leader screamed and they began coming towards up I showed no fear as Aslan roared and the ripples ran through the water they stooped. The water began to collect up creating the god of the water dryads. Aslan nodded to him and he broke the bridge. Many soldiers jumped for the water till all who was left was the a Lord on horseback.

The water god caved down taking the lord with him and creating a tidal splash which rained down on us all. It was over, I slipped my dagger away as I saw my brothers and sister along with Caspian cross the river. Slipping on the chain I watched them stare at Aslan before kneeling.

"Rise Kings and Queen's of Narnia" my family stood up Caspian stayed

"All of you" he looked up but did not meet his eye.

"I do not think I am ready" he admitted

"It is for that reason I know you are" he did so and looked at me. I smiled and winked at him. What the hell I might as well. A sad tune interrupted us and mine brought forth a stretcher. On it was Reepicheep. Lucy gasped and went to his side. Taking out her cordial she let a drop of the fire flower heal him he took long breaths as he woke up.

"Thank you your majesty thank you." he then noticed Aslan

"Hail Aslan it is a great honour to be in..." he stumbled and it was then I noticed he tail had been cut off

"Oh I am completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion" he looked up to Lucy. "perhaps a drop more?"

"I don't think it does that" she replied

"You could have a go" I hid my laughed but Aslan chuckled

"It becomes you well small one"

"All the same great King I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honour and glory of a mouse."

"Perhaps you think too much of your honour, friend"

"Well it's not just the honour it's also the balance and climbing, and grabbing things" he listed Aslan looked at me and Lucy I gave him the look of it would be rude not to

"May it please your high majesty will not bare the shame wearing an honour denied to our chief" one of the other mice held a sword to his tail as did others

"Not for the sake of your honour but for the love of your people" Reepicheep tail grew back and he grabbed it turning around

"Oh Look! thank you my liege. I will treasure it always. from this day onward it will suffer as a huge reminder of a huge humility" I lost it and started laughing

"Now where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?" we all looked over to Trumpkin who was bringing in the Telmarines. He came over and knelt before him, Aslan roared and he jumped.

"Do you see him now?" Lu asked he gave a nervous smile. We all went back to the how where Caspian was to be coroneted the next day and we would ride back to Telmar.

. Outside it was almost sunset when Aslan came forward with Caspian. Peter and Edmund had collected the crown from the Telmarine camp and Pete was now holding it. Aslan stopped and turned to Caspian as Pete and I walked forward. I had changed into a red and gold dress where Caspian and Peter were in blue.

"I give you King Caspian. The Tenth" Aslan spoke i took the crown and he knelt in front of me. I placed the crown firmly on his head . Standing back he stood up and winked at me like i did to him before turning around.

"Long Live King Caspian" I shouted and the Narnian's followed by chanting it.

--------

The next day we set of back to Telmar i rode beside Caspian for a while. I waited till my family were distracted before I said anything.

"Can you keep a secret" I whispered over to him he looked at me

"Yes" he replied

"Good because if my brothers and sisters hear me i will never hear the end of it." I chuckled

"There is a gift well sort of gift that they don't know about. Back in England I had may brushes with death that I crossed to Aslan's country and he sent me back every time. I gained the gift of foresight" he was confused

"Each time I slipped into a deep sleep i had dreams of the future...my future. You were in them" i confessed his puzzlement turn into one of shock and joy.

"Its why I never married. i couldn't because i always felt that if i did i would be betraying you. The boy I never knew. You name was always such a mystery to me."

"You knew about me before i was even born"

"Its haunting isn't it. A queen 1300 years older than you, saving herself. Not that I'm saying anything will happen but I thought you should know. " i shrugged a huge weight felt like it had been lifted off my shoulders But another one took its place as i began thinking about England. I fell back in step with my Brother and Susan they were talking. We arrived in Telmar and I decided to think later. As we walked through the streets people cheered and threw flowers at us more for their new King.

I laughed as we crossed the bridge into the courtyard. Before the feat we were left to get settle I found the gardens and dragged my hand across the flowers.