Their Return - Chapter Eleven - Sadness

"You seem troubled my child" I swung round to face Aslan i held my chest.

"oh you frightened me"

"forgive me" he walked at my pace

"what troubles you?" he asked again

"for a couple of moths I've been getting worse, slowly fading. I knew I was dying I think everyone knew just didn't want to upset me. I didn't know what was going to happen I had hoped that I would come here again but then I had the attack and I lost hope. That was till I woke up here. So I thought why would I become worse if i was meant to come back along.

It came to me. The dream I had been having Caspian. You or fate made it happen so i could be with Caspian. Which means.." i trailed off stopping

"When I fell asleep I actually died" i began to cry then chuckled "Its weird i thought i would go with everyone here surround me. The last thing I would see would be their faces and to be honest that would be the best way to go. But what hurts me most is that they don't know My dad is all on his own and even for a minute he will have to deal with it."

"I was never afraid of dying but leaving the people I love the most. That's what kills me to know I won't see them for a while. Two worlds and a thin sheet separating us ."

"It will be difficult for the both of you. But like you said you won't see them for a while. Know it's hard being separated from your family. But you are strong in both worlds and that single thought will keep you going."

"Peter will take it hard the most. He is my twin and we're two sides of the same coin. It will not be the same, he won't see me or talk to me. He will be lost and i don't what will happen. I don't even think the letter will console him"

"Which is why he will have your siblings"

"I know fate has recompensed for me dying but I don't know how I'll be as strong as i once was without my brothers and sisters." i shook my head

"Please excuse me" he nodded and i ran off. I calmed myself down and washed my face before putting a smile and joining the celebrations

------

The next morning i was called to meet with Aslan. Susan and Peter were already with him and we began to walk the grounds.

"It has come for you two to return to your own world" he started i held on to Peters arm.

"Will we come back?" Peter asked

"I'm afraid not Peter, You and Susan have learnt all you can from this world now you must live on your own."

"What about Edmund and Lucy" I was relieved that they hadn't caught on yet.

"I'm sure Narnia still has a need for them." Peter stopped

"Wait you said us two? Why didn't you include Belle?" ah here we go. Aslan stopped and looked at me nodding for me to tell them I stood in front of the two and took their hands

"Never has anything been more difficult that what happens today. I want you both to know that even though i can't come back with i will miss you so much" they seemed to get the message because they looked crest fallen.

"No" Peter  said "No you can't just can't be dead. You can't leave me" I let go of Susan and hugged him.

"I will never leave you remember, two sides of the same coin. I will however just turn invisible. whenever you need me just look up to the stars and talk. Like we did as kids remember?" i pulled away.

"But it's not  the same. Why does she have to die" he asked Aslan

"Its just the way it works Peter" i pulled him back then went to Susan

"Promise me something" she held my hands as she tried not to cry as well.

"Anything"

"Always remember me and Narnia. And  be strong it's going to be hard but I will never leave any of you truly. I will always be there in the small things."

"I promise" I smiled and hugged her

"Your majesty" I wiped away my tears quickly and faced Caspian. His face softened more as he must have saw my face.

"We are ready, everyone has assembled" we nodded and he left but only after looking at me I gave him a water smile.