chapter 5

Warning: this chapter may contain content that isn't suitable for all audiences. discretion is advised.

Morning came, accordingly, as the heat and glow of the sun, pulled Viran out from his thin slumber and into a calm state of consciousness.

Transitioning from the dream world, back to the real world, his senses were delivered to him in full, but in a patient manner. First thing he noticed in his wake, was that the angel Natalya, was still sleeping comfortably in his arms. Her bare skin torso, burrowed in his tinted fur and her snores matching his own breathing patterns.

His heart tugged at itself, hoping and wishing for forever. It almost seemed funny to him, the way he never believed in forever, before meeting her. Before meeting this strange girl who had seemed to change his life, so drastically. He almost chuckled at his ambitious thoughts but before long his doubts resurfaced, and his ambition dissolved into shame, rendering him back to his oh so familiar gloom.

Shame. He could never have her. What had he been thinking? To him, this wasn't a fairy tale. It had similar occurrences to such a thing but, in truth, this could never be anything of the sort. This was a mad world, segregated by hollow perspectives. His fantasies would only be seen as twisted and irrelevant.

He clenched his jaw grudgingly, wanting to dismiss reality.  Did he deserve something far more pleasing than the cold boundaries of real life? Didn't she? But what did he know? He didn't know what she wanted. He sure as hell wanted to know.

Suddenly, though not abrupt nor startling, he felt slight movement, coming from the body in his arms. He gently loosened his clutch as her head peaked out. A sleepy and peaceful expression rested on her face as her eyes gazed up into his, sweetly.

"Good morning, Natalya" Viran said, softly. He surprised himself by speaking so comfortably. Smiling so genuinely. He had grown up in a hostile environment and was still in a shocking state of bliss from simply being in the company of someone who.....he needed to stop thinking.

"Good morning, Chimera" she  responded teasingly, her words, gently piercing through his already disrupted train of thought. She gave a smile, as she seemed to take notice of the way Viran's own smile was not very stable

"Chimera?" Said Viran, slightly taken aback. He tried to hide the unwelcome sense of bitterness that textured his voice. He gave a half smirk, not really an expression that explained his emotions. But it did express discomfort.

"Mmm-hmm! To me, you're a beautiful, mythical and rare creature" she said in a tone that was colored by amazement and admiration.  Viran's heart tightened as he shook his head, giving a fake but generous smile. "I appreciate your perspective" he said in an even voice "but I'm just an unappreciated human resource" he opened his arms so that the angel before him, could move freely.

As if on cue, a small breeze went by, causing Natalya to become immediately conscious of her physical status. She panicked and frantically threw her arms over her chest, blushing. "I'm- I'm t-topless! That stupid bird ripped my shirt off yesterday a-and" she practically froze and melted all at once, flustered and oddly vulnerable.

"Hey, it's alright." Viran spoke in a comforting whisper "We'll get you home so you can find some clothes" Natalya bit her lip, still hiding her torso behind her forearms. "D-dont look! I-i feel embarrassed about h-how I look" she lowered her voice and her face showed pain and embarrassment.

Viran shook his head "there's nothing to be ashamed of. Your body is g-" he stopped himself, stiffening his airwaves while she just cocked her head to the side, curiously. " L-let's get breakfast now and get you back to your home where you belong."