。。2 。。

"Good morning, Dr. Jeon." the overly honeyed voice of Dr. Lina blows past Dr. Jeon as they cross paths in the asylum. Both of them ignoring the work indulged doctors and caged screams of patients as they go about their business.

"Morning," he mumbles, walking past her and towards his lab on the fourth floor. He shakes his head and brushes his soft brown hair back with nimble fingers. Lina is a player. Someone you really don't want to invest your time into unless your asking for a broken heart or a clear path of embarrassment. Dr. Jeon knows, he's been there, been fooled by her wide blue eyes and her curly blonde hair. Fooled by what he thought was a kind heart but in fact was actually very bitter sweet.

The doctor slips his small brass key into the lock of his lab, distracting his muddled mind with a near tuneless hum. He grips the door knob and twists, smiling lazily as he enters the small, cozy lab. He closes the white door behind him and tosses his brown pea coat on the yellow sofa chair in the corner of the jammed room.

Cracking his neck, he pads over to the island table in the middle of the room, the varied items of scientific and mathematical proportions lying in a mixed clutter. He sighs and cleares away what doesn't need attention at the moment, plopping down on the small metallic stool.

Dr. Jeon pulles out his notebook from the other day, tossing it lightly unto the smooth table top surface before him. The stinging feeling of doubt swarming around him as he reads over the erratically scribbled notes. The doubt that he hoped would diminish by now is still there, glowing like a lit torch in the darkest of caves.

"fuck..." he puts his head in his hands, new to the feeling of succumbing to a long lasting pressure. What if he really can't do this? What if this patient will be a failure... He's never failed.

No. Dr. Jeon takes a deep breath and stares down at the notes. He can and will do this. The anxiety he feels is just a feverish side effect of being too excited...too ambitious. But he knows he can do this. He knows that he's always been better than the others, and will continue to be. Maybe even, after this case closes and V becomes a civilized human in this small world, Dr. Jeon can teach the others. He spends a few hours in his lab, looking through folder upon folder of V's case.

Dr. Jeon forces himself to smile as he picks up the notebook, feeling a pain tugging at his lips at first. But as he walks out of his small lab and down the marbled staircases, towards V's cell, he feels a lift of hope gradually turn the smile into something real. Something meaningful.

Rosemary growls at him as he walks past, and Mr. Allem only scoffs. Dr. Jeon takes a deep breath as he begins to unlock V's cell, his smile not fading in the least.

The door creaks open, causing Rosemary to cry out loudly from behind him, her anguished noises reverberating off the concrete walls. Dr. Jeon steps inside the highly protected room and closes the door behind him, the loud sound not easy to shock him. He stands there for a second in the chilly room, his eyes adjusting to the dimly lit space.

"Dr. Jeon." A familiar deep voice echoes off the metallic and cement based walls.

Dr. Jeon steps forwards and smiles at V, who sits in his chair, wearing a straight jacket and a toothy expression. V's makeup is smudged more and beginning to fade, revealing his tan skin and pale pink lips. His green hair is seemingly more faded than the other day, if that is possible, and his brown roots are barely showing.

"V. How was your night?" Dr. Jeon asks the man before him as he pulls up a chair and sits down.

V licks his lips and stares at the doctor with a half lidded expression, "Mmm.... I dreamt of you allllll night." he stretches the word 'all' and smirks in amusement at Dr. Jeons dumbfounded expression.