。。16 。。

Sometimes we take the ones we love for granted. Sometimes we expect too much or too little of them. And sometimes, for those actions, what we get in return is nothing but heartache and the sad realization that maybe you out of everyone else is the oblivious one. But truly, when we think about it, everyone is oblivious. Everyone is oblivious in there own silly ways. And sometimes the only way to get past that oblivion is to see something you'd only imagine in your nightmares. Sometimes you have to push back that veil, the shady cloth cut by shaking hands. Even if you think you know everything and everyone, you might just be lying to yourself to get past the truth without any bruises. But knowing we're oblivious is the worst feeling we can grasp.

     。。。。。

  "Namjoon!" Jin's shaky voice pierces through the echoey silence of the living room, causing Namjoons heart to feel as if it's simply shattering in his chest. He looks with wide eyes at his boyfriend, who's pink hair is a mess, eyes bloodshot and cheeks wet with fresh tears. Namjoon scans the boy for wounds, and there on Jin's arms are scattered cuts, freshly bleeding.

  "Jin!!!!" Namjoon rushes forward, only to be stopped by V's deep voice.

  "Stop or I blow your boys brains all over these walls." V grins, standing up and holding the barrel of his gun against Jin's temple. J-Hope tightens his grip on Jin as the pink haired boy whimpers, squeezing his eyes shut and whispering words under his breath. Namjoon catches his own name in the garbled mess of Jin's whispers.

  "It's okay, Jinni....." Namjoon chokes out, tears pricking the edges of his eyes, "I'm gonna get you out of here.....I...I promise."

  V cocks his head to the right and cooes, "aww cute. But hmm.....I'm getting a little bored here." He cocks the gun and Namjoon gasps loudly. Jin begins to cry louder. Suddenly, V's smile widens and he looks at something behind Namjoon, "Kookie! Your back so soon....took care of that boy outside?"

  Namjoons eyes widen and he balls his fists up, anger and sadness aching like a flu in his stomach, "Youngkook.....is he....what did you do!?" Namjoon doesn't dare turn around, too scared to face the boy who may have killed his friend.....to face the boy he once sat down on the couch and watched tv with.....he squeezes his eyes shut, feeling a tear slip past the protection of his eyelids.

  Jungkooks voice speaks up behind Namjoon, "Sorry, buddy.....he was gettin in the way!" Namjoon doesn't turn around.

  V's eyes seem to linger on Jungkooks for a moment, an unknown look swimming in those big brown orbs. Suddenly, his expression switches and his smile is bright and wide once more, "okay, Boy! Let's have a little fun!" J-Hope shifts uncomfortabley at V's words and Namjoon notices, "if you get the couple of questions I'm going to ask correct, I will let you and Jin go! But.....as soon as you get a question wrong.....boom!" The last word causes Namjoon to jolt and J-hopes eyes close briefly, his eyebrows furrowed. Namjoon can feel Jungkooks heavy breathing on his neck.

  "Namjoon....." Jin cries out, "No.....just go.....save yourself......"

  Namjoon takes a deep breath and shoots an angered look to V, his confidence building along with his mixed emotions, "You would kill your own brother?"

  Jungkook murmurs something behind Namjoon, having recently learnt his old friend Jin was actually a brother to V. Of course, the news would have come as more of a shock back when he was still Jeon Jungkook, a shy doctor at Seoul's asylum.

  V smirks, mock sadness on his face, "really.....I could care less." V suddenly bursts out in a chorus of garbled hysterics, the barrel of his gun pushing closer to Jin's head.

  Namjoon looks at his feet, more tears daring to fall. 

  "Come on V!" Jungkook speaks up, his voice almost unrecognizable to Namjoon, "Do it already!!!! Ask the questions!"

  V smiles, that unknown expression yet again aimed towards Jungkook, whom is still behind Namjoon. Namjoon wonders how V had changed The poor boy completely in such little time......

  "Okidokey! I heard your a very smart man with a high IQ! I wonder if that's true! Let's begin!" V aims his attention towards Namjoon, "what do you get mixing red and yellow?"

  Namjoon looks up and stares V in the face, the green haired mans gaze impenetrable. Namjoon takes a deep breath, sure that this is some sort of trick. Bracing himself, he answers, ".....orange?"

  Jin squeezes his eyes shut and Namjoon holds his breath, watching the gun in V's hand. Suddenly, V pulls the gun away and starts jumping excitedly, clapping his hands together, "correct! Wow! You got it right! Good job!"

  "Next question!" Jungkook exclaims. Namjoon winces.

  V thinks for a second, that crazed expression still on his face, "I know!" He smiles at Namjoon, "A, B, C, D, E, F, J......" V stops at J. Namjoon furrows his eyebrows....but the next letter was supposed to be G. V wiggles his own eyebrows suggestively and Namjoons eyes widen in realization.

  "K!" Namjoon exclaims! K comes after J!

  V places his hands over his mouth and his eyes widen, "whaaaat! Wow! You are so smart! I'm thinking you may win this yet!l"

  Jin has stopped crying, although J-Hopes grip on him is no less tighter. Namjoon braces himself for the next question.

  V grins, "what's my favorite color?"

  And it's after those words are uttered, Namjoons face seems to go straight to a ghostly pale color. He licks his lips nervously and looks at Jin, who's eyes are wide and lips parted slightly. Fear is swimming in both his and Namjoons eyes.

  J-Hopes shaking his head slowly, as if he knows what will happen.

  "Come on now, you got the last questions right!" V chimes, "this isn't that hard."

  Namjoon takes a deep breath and looks at V's hair. Green. Green? Why would V dye his hair green if he didn't like the color....Namjoon ponders this for a little, somewhat thankful that there's no time limit. Namjoons brow furrows. But what if it's red? Red for blood.....Namjoon shivers. He knows if he gets this wrong, Jin will die......but if he's right.......

  Namjoon opens his mouth and V seems to lean in, anticipating the answer. With the force of something incredible deep inside Namjoons heart, he answers, "Green."

  V's face lights up, "right!" For a split moment, both Jin and Namjoon are unexplainabley happy. And then......it happens. V lifts his gun and it takes a mere second before the thing goes off, shooting Jin right in the head.

  Namjoon watches Jin fall to the floor, all the noise surrounding him seeming to dissipate. All Namjoon can hear is a ringing in his ears as he rushes towards his boyfriend on the floor. Ringing from the loudness of the gun, or from something else....he does not know. Before he can reach Jin though, Jungkook holds a damp towel to his face and then everything goes black. Although Namjoon knows they're only knocking him out.....he wishes he were dead.