。。3 。。

A/N~ hey guys! If you notice, I've changed the third person name from Dr. Jeon to just Jungkook, because the plot thickens and the formality drops. Also, there is a part in which Jungkook looks over his notes. The underlined words are words he had scribbled out. Enjoy!~ 에보니 🤟🏽

Jungkook awakens to the bright sun spilling across his bed spread and a pounding headache reverberating through his ears. He groans and covers his face with a pillow. Although drinking did momentarily take away all disturbing thoughts of V and feelings of doubt, it still led to the an unavoidable hangover. How will he even be able to drive to work! On the bright side; at least he's safe at home. Jungkook makes a mental note to one day thank Hoseok more properly for the ride home, although it's unlikely the two will every cross paths again.

He groans outwardly, hesitating his only option, and mumbles a string of incoherent words as he reaches for his phone, "Call....only friend...." he croaks, feeling around the bed. He does have one friend....only one.

He feels the cold exterior case of his iPhone and grabs it, turning it on and wincing at the blinding light it emits. He let's his eyes adjust to the brightness and then lazily dials his friends number. He needs a ride to work. If he tries driving in this state, it will most likely end up with his head against an air bag.

He puts the ringing phone up to his ear and sighs in relief, hearing his friend answer the call, "Jin...." he croaks.

"jungkook!" Seokjin's surprised voice rings in the youngers ear, "Oh my gosh! We haven't talked in ages!!!! How are you!" the older boys voice is cheerful, yet a sad undertone makes its way through the line.

Jungkook moans uncomfortably and sits up against the headboard of his bed, "Hangover...."

Jin gasps, "Jungkookie! You drank! YOUR TOO YOUNG!!! AND DONT YOU WORK!! YAHHH!!!??"

Jungkook nods, although nobody is there to acknowledge it, "Yeah...im... I need a ride." he mentally slaps himself, hating that this is the first thing he's talked to Jin about in so long.

"of course I'll drive you! It will give us a little time to catch up, Kookie! I can't believe this is the first time you've called in almost two years!" jin squeals, causing Jungkook to grit his teeth and pull away from the phone hastily, "I'll be there in ten!" and with that, Jin hangs up.

Jungkook sighs and tosses his phone at his feet, plopping back down unto the memory foam bed. He closes his eyes and feels a deep pain in his chest at the thought of seeing Seokjin. How was his friend so cheerful? Especially since they haven't talked in ages. Jungkooks just been so wrapped up in his work at the asylum, he's lost all of his friends and seemingly all of his personality. He told himself that to be good enough for this job...he would have to change. He told himself that he would have to throw away every one and every thing he loved. Jin will be dissapointed. Dissapointed that Jungkook does not dance anymore. Dissapointed that Jungkook hasn't eaten a triple scooped chocolate ice cream in two years. Dissapointed that his bunny smile is now a faint memory....

Jungkook covers his face with his pillow and feels a dry sob wrack his body. Jin will be so dissapointed.

After a few minutes of silent sobs and muffled words of distress, he feels drowsiness take over him again. Yet, it's only for a moment that he is asleep. Soon enough, he is jolted awake by the sound of his doorbell ringing obnoxiously. He sits up, eyes wide and head about ready to take on an aneurysm.

He practically falls down the stairs trying to get to the front door.

Jungkook opens the door, revealing a familiar smile, broad shoulders, and a fluffy head of pink hair. "Jin..." Jungkook smiles softly, swallowing tears. A tsunami of memories and regret plague his mind as he stares at his old friend. He's basically ignored all of Jins calls...all of Jins texts. He had replied to Jin with simple sentences that went along the line of 'I'm busy with work'. He told himself he had no time for his friend because of work...no time at all.