[1] That Way "One Shot"

First Shot, more to come xx Accepting requests.
Please vote and comment your thoughts, thank you.
Plot// her friend is late picking her up.

The rain pours heavily outside, the cover that shelters me suddenly seems like such a blessing. My ride is late. With the show being over nearly thirty minutes ago, I knew that she made a stop at McDonald's or something as Maria always does. It was to be expected I guess. A shiver racks my body and I press my back further into the barricade that sits outside of the side door. The wet that trickles off of the roof lands just in front of me, splashing up on my bare ankles. I mentally curse, hating the feeling of the dampness on my skin. I had never minded the rain before but then again, I guess I thought that my ride would be here earlier.
People pass by me in a hurry, moving back and fourth between a bus and the venue. They are crew, the artists band members, friends. They are all busy, each person with a task to complete before the night ends. Rob passes by me, a smile set on his face as he sends me a friendly nod. I knew that he would stop to talk if he could, but he had loads to do before they are supposed to be on the road and in Seattle. Victoria gives me the same acknowledgement and I repeat it back to her. I wish that I could talk to my friends, help them even, but with Maria being probably minutes away, I wouldn't want to keep her waiting. She stayed up this late after all.
Clicking my phone, the time reads 10:32 and I sigh, glancing up the road. No sign of Maria's vehicle anywhere. I turn back to the door and notice Ari walking out, Sam chatting up his ear beside him. I'm about to turn away and walk up the road when I hear my name being called. Ari strides over to me with a smile on his face, his coat covered shoulders shrugging up his jacket.
"Hey! You're still here?" He wraps his arms around me in a small hug, squishing me a bit.
"Yeah, Maria isn't here yet, to be fair, I'm not sure where she is at all." I pull myself from the hug and look up at him. With me being so short, Ari would tease me that he was taller, but it was always just a joke. He rubs his hand across his chin, drawing my attention to the short stubble that he had grown. In all, he looked tired, but I guess many late nights and early mornings will do that to a person.
"Isn't she always late?" He questions and I look off down the road again, a questioning look on my face.
"I mean, I guess so, but then again she doesn't exactly have to pick me up." I look back over at Ari just in time to catch the look that covered his face. He looks at me with a gaze that expresses love, the corners of his lips curved up int the ghost of a smile.
"You have a girlfriend, don't look at me that way." I think back to the girl that he had begun a relationship with a couple of months ago. Ari had always been one for real emotions, but when they got together, it seemed to be something other than that. He seems to snap out of it, but continues to gaze at me.
"If I want to look at you with love, I will."