[4] The Last Time "One Shot"

Silence by Marshmello ft. Khalid
Okay, so, this took me a seriously damn long time to write because I wanted it to be perfect. The word count on this is twice as many words as usual and YES, if it is requested, I will do a second part. Please Vote and Comment, enjoy guys xx.

I can feel the bruises beginning to form on my cheek, my arm, my stomach. He had done something that I thought he would never do, he hit me. The rain, pouring down like a waterfall into a lake, soaks my white shirt through. Every part of my body sustains a droplet of water, spreading across my skin, clothing, hair. I stare at the concrete ground, wondering how I ever got to this place. I noticed all of the signs, stayed out of his way, treated him perfectly, but all I got back was the multiple wounds to my fragile body.

I rest my head in my hands, allowing the water to run its stream down my back. I had left nearly instantly after it had happened, not wanting to be attacked anymore than I already had been. I couldn't go back there, surely the situation would be worse after running. I curse under my breath as my body begins to shake, soft cries racking my body. It was so stupid, what lead to all of this. I had simply asked him to come home earlier, so that I could make him a nice dinner, but his drinking games were more critical to him.

The cold begins to get to me as the rain continues to pound down on my bare arms. I couldn't stop crying, the hate that I have for myself after letting this escalate to this point, filling my veins.

"Hey, are you alright." My head snaps up to the sound of a voice. My blurry vision becomes clear and a man comes into view. He stands under an umbrella, looking down at me in concern. The first thing that I notice are his green eyes, holding so much worry that I feel like it's going to pour out over me. He is clad in a large, cream jacket that looks extremely warm under my circumstances. I look away from him, wiping the tears from my puffy eyes.

"I'm fine." My reply is shortcut, and broken, completely and utterly broken. I can see him tilt his head, attempting at getting a better view of my face. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see his expression turn from one of concern, to one of shock.

"Jackson?" I gingerly turn my head back toward the man's face, analyzing it. He seems to know me, but I cannot seem to place him.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" He crouches down, moving so that his umbrella is over my head and that his eyes are level with mine.

"Ari, Ari Leff. We went graduated highschool together." I study his face once more, and then I see his features. His chin had grown a stubble since I had last seen him, something of five years ago. His features, now more mature and defined, are what threw me off. He had grown so handsome since high school, I probably seemed like a mess to him.

"I'm so sorry," I shake my head, looking away. "I have the worst memories at times. It looks like you're doing well." I run a rough hand through my tangly hair, my pathetic attempt at untangling it. He shakes his head and begins to pull at his coat.

"No, it's alright. It seems that you are the one that should be doing well, but isn't." Ari finally pulls his coat off completely and without hesitation, lays it on my shoulders. I flinch as his hands make a swinging motion near my face and he notices that, resting his hands on my shoulders. I envy how he balances his umbrella on his knee, against his should, something I could never so in such circumstances.

"I'm going to ask again, are you alright?" His soft eyes look into my puffy ones, making my nerves seem to spike. Do I confide in him, a complete stranger that I had only known years ago? Surely I could do, but then what would happen to Vick? He could go to jail if the cops were called, and as much as that would do good, I wouldn't be able to know that im throwing so many years of a relationship down the drain, even if it is abusive. Ari seems to see the conflict on me. He places a gentle hand to my cheek but I flinch away once again, pain spreading from the area of contact. He puts two fingers under my chin and lifts my head to him so that he can get a better view of my face. His eyes widen at the sight of the bruise that's beginning to force on my soft skin.