1. Hello Japan

There were only two things on my mind at the moment; eating and my imminent death.

It was the trip of a lifetime, yet I couldn't help but wonder when I would next see the slender red of the flight attendant while she forced a smile on her face and offered me what I had been waiting for.

The death part isn't as significant but definitely lingered in my mind.

My thoughts were abruptly cut off by an eruption of noises as people feared the plane's demise, luckily (for them), it was only my stomach.

I sighed and turned my head towards the window where I immediately met the eyes of a curly headed brunette with green eyes, they looked lifeless from fatigue and the curls were contained in a messy bun, just barely.

It took me a second to realize it was my reflection and I almost reeled back at the thought of how disgusting I looked.

'How long will this take ?' I held back a groan as I decided to sleep with the thoughts of how my life might change.

"On behalf of Japan Airways, the flight crew would like to welcome you to Narita Airport. We will be arriving at the gate momentarily.

Please remain in your seats with your seat belt securely fastened until the aircraft has come to a complete stop at the terminal gate. Please check around you to ensure you have all your belongings before leaving the aircraft. If you are connecting to another flight, ramp agents will be just inside the door of the terminal to give you directions to your departure gate. If your final destination is Narita Airport, please proceed to the baggage carousels to retrieve your checked luggage.

The outside air temperature is a pleasant 72 degrees with a light wind coming from the north. We hope you had a pleasant flight and hope that if air travel is in your immediate future you consider Japan Airways for your travel needs. We are pleased you chose to fly with us today and wish you a good evening."

I roughly heard the announcement as I woke up and realize the people around me were leaving.

I waited and watched them since I was told I had an escort and would be last to get off, I certainly felt better about that because I'm not trying to be alone just yet.

"Hello, are you Maekara Reyes?"

I turned my head to see a slightly older woman clad in all red and her hair twisted in a neat style on her head and a kind smile.

I noticed I was taking too long to answer so I simply nodded my head, which she took as my confusion.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I was told you spoke Japanese, Um-"

"I do. I apologize... jet lag?" I awkwardly chuckled to try and relieve my own anxiety as she looked me up and down.

"Right, well if you'll grab your bags and follow me."

I stood and gathered my possessions in a hurry as to not take up any more of her time.

"My name is Takahashi Yuna, you may call me Takahashi and I will be escorting you to your ride outside of the airport safely."

I almost forgot the customs here as I internally cringed imagining being called by my last name. Oh well.

After I had gotten everything and we were nearly out, I noticed a taxi through a window and a man holding my name up on a board.

This time it is my mother's surname as well, as it read 'Maekara Ayana Reyes'

"Hello Ayana-san, I will be your transport for today. Everything has been paid for so do not worry."