7. Comfortable

The next day Maekara felt more lively going to practice.

Immediately, after walking into the gym she could notice a new presence.

Short and blonde.

With question in her eyes, she walked to a certain silver-haired setter and bumped her hip to his to gain his attention.

"Suga Senpai, who is that?"

He followed the direction her finger was pointing and chuckled, "Oh right, you have not met our second manager," he called the petite girl over, "Yachi San!"

Curious eyes turned in their direction, and he waved her over. And before long the said girl scurried over.

"You called, senpai?"

Suga nodded, "Yachi, this is Ayana San. She is the new addition to the team."

Similar to the thoughts Yachi had when meeting Kiyoko, she now worried about fans attacking her in favour of this new girl. She looked side to side, searching for possible assassins.

"Kiyoko told me about you, but I, um, didn't expect you to be so, wow, um pretty..." By now the poor girl was shaking with fear and admiration.

Maekara quickly waved off the compliment and nervously laughed.

'Pretty? Ha!'

Looking to Sugawara, she joked, "Senpai, you didn't tell me that the managers were so sweet and so cute!" She turned back to the girl in question and smiled, "Well thank you, Yachi San, I hope we can be friends."

Looking between the two girls, Suga thought it now a better time than any to leave.

He ruffled Maekara's hair, much to her dismay, "I'm going to go help set up, come join us when you're ready, Maekara." She nodded once in reply, before turning back to Yachi.

"Ah-" she scratched her head in wonder, "Yachi, how come I haven't met you until today?"

"Heh, about that. I was out with family. But I had heard someone tried out, and that it was a girl. I was so excited I asked to come back early to greet you properly. You must be really strong, Ayana San!"

Maekara grinned sheepishly, and you could almost see steam come out of her ears as this went completely to her head.

She had never considered herself strong, and so, to hear this made her feel so confident inside, even if only for a second.

"Thank you, you're so nice," she cried an episode, surprising Yachi, returning to normal just as fast, "Anyway, I think it's time I go get ready, let's hang out sometime!"

With that she turned and scurried onto the court, taking one last glance at the manager.

Sweat running down her body, Maekara looked worriedly at one of her senpais as he was leaned over, hands on his knees.

"Um, Asahi Senpai, are you alright? You've been glaring at those fly aways for some time now. You're freaking out some of the others."

Like a switch, the demure giant returned and looked up timidly.

"O-oh, well, my hair won't seem to stay in place." He scratched his cheek and looked to the side.

"I can help you with that if you come here."

Hesitantly, he shuffled over in her direction before she impatiently grabbed him. Arm in hand, she made her way to the nearest bench and sat him down.

After taking his hair out of its confinements, she began running her hands gently through his locks in an attempt to detangle any possible knots.

Although he didn't quite know how he felt in this predicament, he knew he secretly enjoyed the feeling of his hair being played with.