12. Awkward

"Hey Maekara, can you put these up?" Iwaizumi asked with raised shoulders, in his hands was a plastic bin filled with various parts of equipment.

He let out a puff of air changing the basket's position so that he could run a free hand through his hair. "I don't know where that shittykawa is, but if you see him tell him he needs to talk to coach."

I smiled up at him, nodding once, and took the equipment from his arms. I raised my arm and hand into a salute, and turned to follow my orders. I could hear the echo of his chuckle behind me, while I made my way to the storage room outside the gym.

Approaching the room, I was bemused to see the door was already ajar. A faint yet rather distinct noise came from beyond the large metal door, the uneasiness in my stomach serving as a premonition. Though, often times than not I get that feeling before entering any building alone. I shook my head, and quietly pushed open the door.

The lights were dimmed with certain corners remaining pitch black, but the remaining few hung up made the aisles of shelves in front of me look strangely ominous.

Walking further in, I began the chore of storing away the air pump for the volleyballs when I heard a shriek from somewhere near me.

I turned and surely enough the missing player had just been locking lips with some random student.

I assumed, anyway, from their precarious position. Her arms were wrapped around him tightly, while her lipstick was smeared.

Surprisingly, Oikawa seemed unaffected and also still in pristine conditions.

"Mae-chan, is that you?"

"Uh, yeah, I think so." I continued with what I was doing while the female offender had been frozen with wide eyes, vigorously trying to straighten up.

"So, how was your day?" Oikawa questioned nonchalantly, he seemed pretty content on carrying a conversation like this.

I rolled my eyes and turned back, "Apparently not as fun as yours."

He scoffed, "well, I had a history test."

It wasn't until the long haired brunette wrapped around him whimpered, yes whimpered, that he seemed to snap out of it.

He furrowed his brows and slowly began to squirm, "uh...do you mind?"

I wasn't sure who he was talking to, but I responded anyway, "Hey, you interrupted me buddy, not the other way around." I heard a grunt, though it didn't sound like a reply to my statement.

I put away the last of the equipment, avoiding miscellaneous items strewn about.

Turning back, I noticed Oikawa with his hands on his hips and eyes away from his last conquest while she gripped at his jersey.

I cleared my throat, grabbing the attention of both. Eyes wide, one with a softness and the other with utter confusion.

"The coach needs you, when you're done with..." I wriggled my finger in various directions all in his general vicinity, "whatever this is."

With that I spun around and exited the dark room, not too keen on gauging their reactions.

I shuffled away from the crime scene, eyes wide. My brows raised as I tried to comprehend what just happened.

What has my life come to? Walking in on unsuspecting teens dilly dallying, and yet I was cool as a cucumber. As usual.

The bottom of my shoes scuffed across the court as I dragged them in my attempt to find the meme team and the buff boy.

My eyes caught sight of the duo, Makki showing Matsun something on his phone, laughing while Iwaizumi stood nearby and wiped sweat from his brow.

The first one to notice me was Hanamaki, a goofy grin growing on his face as he waved me over, quickly gaining the attention of the other two.

Instead of the bench, I opted for sitting in front of Makki and Matsun on the floor. I slumped over and slowly crossed my legs.

A firm hand was placed on my head and I looked up in time to see Iwaizumi use me for balance as he settles next to me. He began to stretch, leaning over his legs he huffed, "did you see Shittykawa anywhere?"

"Unfortunately," my detached tone drew their attention as I fiddled with the seams of my shirt, "'twas truly a cursed image."

A lopsided grin formed on Matsukawa's face, he leaned in, looked right and left before whispering, "was he singing Madonna again?"

My head shot up as I went to question what he meant, but the poorly held back laughter on Hanamaki's part and the facepalm on Iwaizumi's was answer enough.

I sighed, "I wish, but no. I walked in on him and some rando tongue wrestling. Though I didn't personally see it, it's not something you want to imagine."

Matsun just rolled his eyes and leaned back, completely bored with the subject of the conversation now.

On the other hand, Iwaizumi was rolling his sleeves up even farther than I thought possible. Before his anger completely took precedence, he turned back with an eyebrow raised.

"Did you say tongue wrestling?"

"I might have."

Makki chuckled, "I need to use that."

A sigh resonated from Iwaizumi, and he turned once more back to me.

"I am sorry you had to be there for that, especially since I'm the one who sent you."

My hands shot out, and grabbed one of his hands. I had acted before my brain had even begun to process what a normal human reaction would be, nevertheless it had been done.

I noticed he was looking at our joined hands, but I avoided seeing his expression as I rambled. "No, not really a big deal I swear... just awkward."

Like this.

When I finished I had started to slowly begin removing my hands.

Maybe I should have went the "band-aid" route. Quick and painless. Though, the latter part is usually a lie.

He cleared his throat, "right. Uh, well the bastard probably deserves a punch for something else, too."

He turned rigidly, and clumped off.

"That was awkward," mumbled Hanamaki with Matsun nodding his agreement.

Causing me to turn and promptly stick my tongue out at the two.

"Kidding!"

Author's note:
Sorry it took so long to update, but I'm going to go back and fix some of my first chapters because I don't know what happened but comparing those to my recent chapters it seems like two different writers. Hope you enjoy, will hopefully update with a longer chapter soon.