10. Good Bye

"Ahh, I can't believe the match is already tomorrow." Maekara took her hair out of her bun and slid down the wall to sit down on the cold gym floor, next to Daichi.

The team all turned to her curiously.

"I'm a bit nervous to meet them." She absentmindedly started tugging on her shoelaces, not realizing they were waiting for an explanation.

Daichi scratched his cheek and chuckled. "Is there a specific reason you're nervous?" He asked.

Looking up, she sighed as they all waited. The practice was over, so they were all just stalling.

Tsukishima was changing his shoes as he pretended not to be interested. Hinata sat in front of her, hands under his chin, legs crossed as he listened intently. Same for Noya.

"Well, when I meet new people, usually when we're alone or if they're really attractive," she gazed at Kiyoko and Ennoshita blankly as they flinched, "attractive people make me nervous, so I sometimes spew some kind of pickup line as a coping mechanism. It's unintentional but it always happens."

She thought back to her first day in Japan, and the day she met Ennoshita properly.

"That will be 2249 yen, please"
"How much for you on the side?"

She was heading towards the storage room when she saw someone she hadn't really noticed. He turned around and upon seeing her, smiled, "I don't think I've introduced myself, I am Ennoshita Chikara-"

She went to say hi back, but what came out was drastically different.

"People call me Maekara, but you can call me... anytimeee~" Both their eyes widened and she quickly tried to fix her mess, "if you were a fruit you'd be a fineapple- GWAH DAMN IT!"

Luckily, both victims didn't take offense and haven't brought it up since.

"But after I've met them it's usually fine." She finished with a shrug.

Kageyama thought back to when they met, alone at the vending machine, and spoke up. "You didn't use one on me?"

She opened her mouth to speak, but someone beat her to it.

"I guess that means she doesn't find the King attractive, interesting."

"Tsukki, didn't you say you met her outside the school and she sassed you?"

"Shut up, Yamaguchi."

"Gomen, Tsukki."

Maekara sat there, deadpanning.

"Well, first off Kageyama, I had already said a few words before I had seen your face so it didn't really kick in, and Tsukishima I hadn't seen your face until we were in class," saying this she finally realized that he must've been the tall guy she ran into early that day, "but you had already annoyed me so..."

Everyone nodded at her explanation. One by one, they all started to get up.

Stretching her arms behind her back, Maekara yawned, "well, I'm really gonna miss you guys."

All at once, everyone froze. Daichi was the first to come out of it when he realized what she was talking about.

He patted the top of her head and looked down at her, "Ah, so Seijoh next, huh?"

At her nod, Suga approached and smiled sadly. "Well, good luck. We will support you still, from here."

Hinata ran up and grabbed her hands, "you're leaving? Why? Are we not good enough? I promise I'll get better!"