Something New

Listen to Madilyn Bailey's cover of Ready for it

    Knew he was a killer first time that I saw him

     Wonder how many girls he had loved and left haunted  

     Let the games begin. Are you ready for it ?

But somehow I just couldn't slap his hand away like I'd normally do. I just continued to stand there and watched as the corners of his rosy lips curled into a genuine smile.

Oh boy, is this the beginning of a tragedy that is destined to bring the downfall of me?

Or at least I thought.

Like I'd happily play along the cringy shoujo manga prince charming plot cliche and be okay with it?

Never.

"Hey, don't you think this is too much?"

"Huh?"

"Despite me being your master, no one would just randomly kiss a stranger's hand when they've first met each other. Well I don't know what you're aiming for, but make sure you'll be of great use to me." said as I walked away without meeting his eyes.

"Oh, this is going to be interesting." murmured Saber to himself with a mischievous grin on his face.

_________________________________________________________________________

"Ah, looks like its going to be a great day."

Beams of sunshine slipped through the blinds and left rows of sungarden on the bed.

I slipped out from the blanket, pulled on my f/c hoodie then headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Gosh, my hair looks awful. Well it's just the usual.

"Looks like you're up early Master~"

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

I screeched startling Saber who's currently peeking out right behind me, who's also glimpsing at the mirror.

Too close!

"Y-You!"

"Ah hem! Can't you just speak up earlier next time when you're standing behind someone? It really does make you look like a creepy stalker you know."

"Well, I may be one. Who knows~"

I glared at him as a mischievous grin appeared on his face.

"By the way Master, I still couldn't catch your name. Well you don't necessarily have to tell me but don't we need that in order to complete our contract?"

"Alright I'm f/n l/n. Just call me f/n if you like."

"Oh f/n? That's a good name. Nice to meet you f/n, hopefully we could have a great time working together." said Saber with a brief smile on his face and extending his hand for a handshake.

Surprisingly I could also feel the corners of my mouth quirking up as I slipped my petite hand into his, returning his handshake.

"Same here."

______________________________________________________________

"Good morning Senpai! You're finally here! By the way, is that the new servant that you summoned yesterday?" chirped Mashu as Saber and I approached our usual table in the canteen along with Hercules and Emiya sitting beside her.

"Hey Y/n, what took you so long? Geez, we've already finished our breakfasts." said Emiya with an impatient face.

"Grr!" growled Hercules as he lifted up his head to meet my eyes but then returned to shove the mountain of bacon and eggs into his mouth.