The Final Battle

As the quinjet touched down in Wakanda you gathered your things. Unplugging your head phones, you hugged Ayo before descending from the jet. When you saw your mother by the car, you couldn't help the disappointment that creeped onto your face.
Your mother pulled you in for a long hug when you reached the car. "What? You didn't miss your mother?" She pouted as you settled into the car.
"No mama, I did but.." she raised her hand, " say no more, I was in love once too. He sends his apologies. But he asked that you join him for training today." She smirked.
"Right now? I just got off a twelve hour flight!" You sighed.
"Girl you have a record to defend, you're the only person in this whole country who's been able beat T'Challa in a fight. You can't let him win now. And most definitely not by forfeit," your mom smiled as the car slowed.
You smiled at her as you stepped into the warm Wakandan sun. You'd missed the country while you were in Atlanta selling your condo and car. You'd transferred your senior credits to the University in Wakanda so you could finish school here and start a life with T'Challa.
A smile spread across your face as you remembered the lady's reaction when T'Challa walked in and requested that his girlfriend's college credits be rolled over to The University in Wakanda. With no questions asked the counselor signed the form and wished you all the best. But that had been four weeks ago. It'd taken longer than you expected to sell your car and condo, and you'd missed T'Challa's presence in the morning and his warmth at night.
You willed yourself to move faster as you walked to your room to change for training. When you walked in you saw a new training outfit on your bed with a note from Shuri.

Make him work for it!
- Shuri

You smiled as you slipped into the outfit and headed to the training room.
In the door you saw a small crowd gathered in the viewing room.
Shuri gave you a wink when she saw your outfit and Okoye nodded when she saw you. Aaliyah, Sydney, and Maia waved and cheered silently as you walked into the room. Your mother and Queen Ramonda nodded at you as you finally saw him across the room. He had his back turned to you lifting weights.
"I heard someone wanted a butt whooping," you smirked. T'Challa looked up and grinned grabbing towel he walked over to you.
"Funny, I heard the same thing," he smiled wrapping his arms around you. "Hello," he whispered pressing a kiss to your lips.
"I missed you," you whispered. He smiled.
"But I missed kicking your butt more," you laughed. As you swung your leg out and caused him to fall to the ground.
"I see jet lag doesn't hit you hard. Nice to see you haven't changed, you still play dirty entle," he groaned standing up.
"With sexual tension like that, how could I resist," you shrugged offering him a hand.
"You ready?" he asked as he walked over to the stereo.
"I was born ready," you smirked.
(Cue music)
"I thought it's only fair I choose the song." He explains as the intro flowed from the speakers. "I really like this guy, we should listen to him more."
"You've never heard Michael Jackson!" You exclaimed, " that's it, we're listening to all of his albums this week."
T'Challa smiled as you both got into stance.
Soon the salsa rhythm crept in and your body knew just what to do.

She got your number. She know your game look what your under. It's so insane.....
No one really knew how to explain it and you never knew what was going on. But your body could adapt to different forms of dance and the rhythm and moves came naturally. You often trained with T'Challa since you were the only one who could distract him.
"I like your choice in music," you smirked as you recognized the song.
"I thought it was appropriate," he shrugged as you began to plan your attack.
You  landed several hits in succession in time with the music. Each strike corresponding with each drum beat in perfect unison. You smirked as you helped T'Challa off the floor for the first time.
Susie got your number. And Susie ain't your friend. Look what took you under. With seven inches in. Blood is on the dance floor. Blood is on the knife. Susie got you number. And Susie says it's right.....
You planned your next attack as T'Challa stood up. You released a series of kicks. T'Challa quickly blocked each. He was quickly learning to anticipate your attacks. You needed to get close. You grabbed his hand as as the chorus came back around you pulled him close and began to sway. You felt him slowly relax and you ground into him. You placed his hands on our hips. As you swayed to the chorus he turned you around and began to salsa. When he turned you back around to flip you grabbed his leg and pulled him over pinning him under you.
There was blood on the dance floor. Blood on the dance floor.
"Nice try Romeo," you smirked as he stood back up. "Where'd you learn how to salsa you asked as you both resumed your positions. "I may have googled it, he says as he grabs your leg and blocks your attack. You wrap your leg around his waist. He pulls you in close and you elbow him twice in the stomach. He drops to floor and you glance at the viewing area as everyone cheers. When they all start pointing behind you, you turn back to T'Challa "50 to zer..." you gasp as you see T'Challa on one knee. Tears cloud your vision as you shake your head. "Are you joking???" You cry as your hands began to shake. " T'Challa if your joking I'll kill you," you sob.
His eyes smile up at you as he reaches into his back pocket. He pulls out a beautiful diamond ring. He reaches for your hand and you quickly rub it on your leggings as you try to pull it together. "Kaia, I know it's only been a year, but it's been the best year of my life. And being apart for this last month has driven me insane. It felt like something was missing," tears formed in his eyes as he looked at you. You nodded in agreement as he continued. "I never want to have to worry about wether you're coming home to me, or if you'll decide to stay in the States," you reached down and wiped his tears as he continued. "I love you with all that I am and you make me want to  be a better man. And you," he laughed, "are the one person I don't mind losing to. You are incredibly breathtaking and sexy and gorgeous and loving and kind and intelligent. You're graceful and compassionate, did I mention sexy," you laugh as he smiles back at you. "You're everything I've ever wanted and more so Kaia Laia Anderson, will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man alive. Will you marry me?"
You nod yes as you fall onto the mat with him. He pulls you close and kisses you. You start crying as he slips the ring on your finger. You bury your head in his chest as cheers from the viewing room erupt from the speakers. You look up and smile with him.
"I think I win this one," he says as he helps you up. 
"Ok 49-1" you laugh as you hug him again.

*******************************************
Yay! Finally. I thought this was a cute way to propose. Comment and let me know!!!