Surprise?

The Wakandan sun kissed your face as your eyes fluttered open. Muttered voices floated across the room as you tried to sit up.
"We've ruled out poison as a cause your highness. So whatever is ailing Lady Anderson is completely treatable. We just have to wait for her to wake up before we can run more tests. The IV seems to be aiding but she will need medication or vitamins depending on her ailment." The doctor told T'Challa as he stared at the bed.
"Is She in a coma?" He asked as he turned to face the doctor.
"No your highness Lady Anderson is not totally comatose. If she does not become responsive by the end of today then that may become a real worry." The doctor sighed staring at your charts.
"Do you have any idea of what it could be? Anything the symptoms are pointing to?" T'Challa asked as he glanced at you laying in the bed.
"Since this is the only symptom we know of I have an inclination based on some of Lady Anderson's test but I cannot be fully sure until we run some more tests and ask her some questions about..." the doctor began.
You groaned and fell back onto the bed as a major headache hit you.
"Kaia?" T'Challa called as he walked over to the bed.
"Hey you," you flashed him a weak smile as the doctor helped you to sit up. "What happened?"

"You fainted at the wedding party last night. You've been out all night. I've been so worried."

The doctor quietly interjected, " Lady Anderson please take it slowly. How are you feeling?"

"Like someone is squeezing my head with cinderblocks," you responded as she checked your vitals.
"Any queasiness? Sensitivity to the light around you?" She asked as she jotted down your vital numbers.

"Some light sensitivity, and no, no major queasiness." You replied as you grabbed T'Challa's other hand squeezing it. "I'm still here," you whispered before turning back to the doctor.

"So the good news, as I was telling his majesty earlier, you were definitely not poisoned. I have some blood tests and some personal questions I would like to ask you if that's ok with you?" The doctor asked. You nodded and she smiled, "Your Majesty, would you mind stepping out a moment. I'll call you back in as soon as we are done." T'Challa looked up from his worrying. You squeezed his hand and nodded. He quietly stood up and walked out of the room.
"Should I be worried about him?" You asked as the doctor washed her hands.
"Not too much. He's still in shock. He thought he lost you last night. It's pretty scary to see the one you love unresponsive for hours on end. He's been by your side the whole time." She smiled as she walked back over to the bed.
"Lady Anderson, do you currently take any multi vitamins or vitamin supplements, or mineral supplements?" She asked as she pulled out some testing supplies from her bag.
"No, not recently," you responded as she gestured to your stomach.
"May I?" She asked. You nodded and pulled back the covers. She pressed and poked all over your stomach and pelvis. "Any sudden nausea to any foods or smells recently?" You shook your head no as she continued to feel around.
"Your Cycle this month, was it abnormally heavy at all?"
"I don't think I've had a Cycle this month," you answered as she pulled on a new pair of gloves and assembled the testing materials.
"Well Lady Anderson, I believe you may be pregnant. You could also have low blood volume so I'm going to run a blood test also, but I'm pretty sure....." you zoned out as she continued talking. Only one thing played over and over in your mind. "Pregnant," she said it so nonchalantly, like you were not carrying a human inside you. Like this wasn't going to change your whole world. It rolled off her tongue so easily, "pregnant," as if that word didn't have the power to strike fear into the hearts of most women. What would T'Challa think. T'Challa, he's a king with a pregnant bride. How will you tell him, what if he doesn't want kids right now? Would he put you and your unborn baby out?
"Your grace," The doctor asked placing a hand on your arm. "Are you all right?" She asked as you snapped out of it. "Yes I'm sorry what were you saying again?"
"I'm gonna need to do a pregnancy test, so I'm going to need a urine sample. I'm also going to need to run a blood test just to be on the safe side. So while I prep the blood test would you mind filling this cup up for me? I'm sorry to ask." She handed you the small cup and helped you to the bathroom.
Once you filled the cup you shuffled out of the bathroom and into the chair next to the desk.
The doctor quickly wrote your name on the cup and proceeded to take a small sample of blood.
"Ok your grace, until these test results come back I want you to take one of these iron supplements a day after eating. Try to drink as much water as possible in between meals and try to limit alcohol use until we know wether or not you are in the clear." You nodded as the doctor packed up. She gave out a quick hug before letting T'Challa back in. He smiled when he saw you sitting in the chair.
"You're looking better" he grinned as he walked over to you.
You pulled him into a hug as you felt tears at the back of your eyes.
"Don't ever scare me like that again," he whispered pressing kisses into your hair. You tightened your grip around him. You both stood there together. Him contemplating spending the rest of his life with you wrapped around him. You wondering, if this was the beginning of the end.
********************************************

Yay! The wedding is one month out! Two more chapters before the much anticipated moment! Hope y'all enjoyed. Sorry it took so long to get this chapter up. I've been really busy. So comment to let me know what you think about this chapter and maybe something you want to see happen. These aren't request so I might not do them but I will definitely be reading them. Thanks for 5k reads!!!!!