Chapter Five

Rising Up To Be A Hero

Past:

"I'm not becoming a ninja, Kakashi!" I declined for the 3rd time as I flailed my arms up. I grunted at him as he kept following me around with his book open.
"You'd be able to become a Jonin right away with your skill, why don't you just accept?" Kakashi countered as he kept reading, casting glances at me every once in a while.
     "Reason number one, I don't have any of my memories besides my name. Reason number two, I don't want to do something wrong and risk the lives of my comrades." I sighed and stopped, turning to look at him in the process.
      "That won't happen, I'll be there to help you, Y/N. Teammates don't need to be worried over, they can handle themselves." Kakashi put his book away and looked me straight in the eyes. He put his hands in his pockets and began walking, I grunted again and followed.
     We arrived to a tall building with a large glass window. I saw a man with long white spiky hair perched up on the window, presumably talking to the person inside.
     I walked up the long stairs with Kakashi and he led me inside a spacious room with a desk in the front. Shoot! Don't tell me this is the Hokage's office?!
     Kakashi saw my panicking and took his hand out of his pocket in order to hold my trembling one, I smiled at him. What a nice guy.
     "What is it, Kakashi?! I'm busy here." I heard a woman yell in anger. Wait... hold up, isn't this the woman that treated me at the hospital?
     "Tsunade, I have come to make a request. Do you have time?" Kakashi asked politely, which I honestly thought was rare. Tsunade raised an eyebrow and encouraged him.
     "Go on."
     Kakashi paused and looked at me with a wink. "My request is to make this woman a Jonin ranking ninja. If that's not possible, then I'd like to tutor her personally. This will be my only and last request."
     I saw Tsunade look at me all over, debating to accept or decline. She huffed and waved her hand away. "Yeah, yeah, she looks like a Jonin so go ahead. Now get outta my face, Kakashi."
     "Kakashi, you aren't going to introduce me to her? And I thought we were good friends." The man with white spike hair joked. He looked about in his mid-fifties and smiled at me, to which I smiled back and waved.
"My name is Y/N, it's nice to meet you." I bowed a bit to be respectful and he laughed.
"Ah, Y/N, don't bow like that! I'm still not old, you know! Name's Jiraiya." He waved it off and looked Kakashi with a strange look and a wink. "I'm surprised Kakashi caught such a catch, good job! I'm surprised you have feelings for such a cold man like him."
"I-It's not like that!" Both I and Kakashi exclaimed with a huff, I cleared my throat afterwards.
"He's not really cold, more like distant. Very nice, though!" I gave Kakashi a nudge in the elbow and he scratched the back of his neck with a nervous chuckle.
"I'm sorry to end the party but Jiraiya needs to tell me something important. Go train or something! Dismissed." Tsunade turned to Jiraiya and they both nodded, seeming to get serious.
Kakashi and I left quickly, I walked slowly so I could hear what they were saying. Kakashi didn't notice and continued walking.
"Tsunade, I have more information on the group Akatsuki, they lost a member recently. I nor anyone else knows what happened to them. Supposedly, this member is a girl, strange right? That's means there's a possibility that the group isn't filled with just men, but women as well. Possibly, some of the members may not even be S-rated criminals in a bingo book."
I felt dizzy for some reason and used a wall to balance myself. "Why does Akatsuki seem so familiar? There's no possible way I could've been a part of them, is there?" I thought, a bit scared as they were called criminals.
"I see, that's more convenient for us anyways. What about Itachi? Any word on the Uchiha?"
I gasped lightly. "Itachi Uchiha? Why? Why is his name so familiar to me?! Do I know him? Should I go look for him? No, that's too reckless! He could be a merciless killer for all I know..." I took a deep breath and tried to calm my heart, which was racing so quickly for no reason. "Why does the name Itachi make me have butterflies? What is happening to me?"
"Sadly, no. I wish I could give you some good news, but that's all I have right now. I'll head out soon and search for more hideouts and information."
"Thank you, Jiraiya, have a safe journey."
I didn't hear a reply so I left, knowing that staying any longer could possibly have me discovered. I sighed as I walked down the stairs, I didn't know what to think. Why did the name Itachi Uchiha ring a bell? Dammit, this isn't fun.
I let my feet take me to where I had trained with the others earlier, wanting to let myself rest for a bit and gather my thoughts.
As soon as I got there, a strange feeling enveloped my whole mind and body. The feeling of being watched. I looked around, puzzled, as I've never had this feeling before. I looked behind me and a man with a black robe filled with red and white clouds stood there.
"Y/N? Have you found out what we need, love?" He came closer to me and I tensed, grabbing my kunai knife as quickly as I could. I threw it and he moved out of the way with a puzzled expression. "What're you doing?" He asked me with a raised brow.
I took deep breaths, trying to calm my once again racing heart. "Who are you?! Answer me!" I yelled out as I grabbed another kunai from the pocket of my pants.
"I'm Itachi, you should know that, Y/N." He stated as if I was the dumbest person, then the most pain-stricken face passed his features. "Don't tell me you forgot about me, my Y/N?"
I grunted, throwing the kunai in my hand at him. "Look, I don't know what your problem is with that strange getup but if you think that I know you then you're wrong! And what's up with the 'love stuff'?! I don't even know you!" I grunted at him with a bit of anger, the sad and pained expression he had didn't help either. He acted as if I had broken his heart into a million pieces.
I blinked and suddenly I was pulled into a strong embrace, the feeling of warmth and a calming, familiar scent filled my nose. I found I couldn't move or speak, why? Why did I want this? Why do I feel like every fiber of my body craved this strong embrace? I couldn't move still, I realized I was paralyzed.
"You may not remember me, but I remember you. I remember every single memory that I have with you, every kiss, every touch. I miss you, come back to me, my love. Please, my Y/N. I love you with all my heart and soul, Y/N." Itachi kissed me slowly, painfully, when he pulled away it felt as though my body was ripping itself from its other half. I could feel my eyes tearing up and spilling tears, and I didn't understand why.
I watched Itachi walk into the shadows and I could move again. I couldn't sense him anymore, he had left me with this strange memory. Was he my past lover? I didn't have a clue. I fell to my knees, balling my eyes out for god knows what reason.
"I love you with all my heart and soul, Y/N." Those words repeated themselves in my head like a loop, never ending and for some reason, I didn't want it to.